April 2012 Weddings
Options

Make up trial - face different color than neck?

I went to my hair and makeup preview the other day and left practially floating because I LOVED the results! Love love loved it!!

My FH went with me and silly us, we forgot the camera so we took pics with our phones. The pics inside the salon came out great (can't post one of those since they are on his phone and he's at work). I took one pic with my cell phone while we were driving home and now that I look at it, my face is a different color than my neck and chest. :(   I don't know if it's just the lighting from the cell phone pic (not being the greatest quality), or if it is the makeup in daylight.

Here is the pic: 

It is so subtle, but at the same time I'm still a little worried. Our ceremony and reception are outside so we will be in daylight all day.

What do you think? Am I overthinking it, or is my face color really different from my neck and chest? I might tell her to tone it down if so.. but it's so hard to tell since inside it looked great.

Re: Make up trial - face different color than neck?

• Options

It does look different in the picture, and actually before my trial a friend mentioned to me that this could happen, so I was sure to tell my make up artist not to forget to 'even me out'. I'm sure your artist would be capable of powdering your neck/decolletage area to make you look even more fantastic, maybe because it was just a trial she didn't go the whole 9 yards though? Your face looks fab though!

• Options
    Be careful with powder.  It will get all over your dress.  The key is blending.  Call your makeup artist and ask for another session.  Let her know that you will be outside.  The difference is undertone.  Looking at the picture it appears that you are wearing a yellow/orange undertoned foundation on your face.  Your neck looks more like an olive undertone.  Take a picture with no makeup and compare it to the one above.  You should then be able to see the true undertone.

I have been a consultant with Mary Kay for 15 years and have facialed hundreds of women.  Your foundation doesn't have the right undertone.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_make-up-trial-face-different-color-than-neck?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:1ef8bce2-3861-4425-8046-e85501c7fb02Post:1f61c180-1b18-4739-b9dc-5965369fa8f5">Re: Make up trial - face different color than neck?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Be careful with powder.  It will get all over your dress.  The key is blending.  Call your makeup artist and ask for another session.  Let her know that you will be outside.  The difference is undertone.  Looking at the picture it appears that you are wearing a yellow/orange undertoned foundation on your face.  Your neck looks more like an olive undertone.  Take a picture with no makeup and compare it to the one above.  You should then be able to see the true undertone. I have been a consultant with Mary Kay for 15 years and have facialed hundreds of women.  Your foundation doesn't have the right undertone.
    Posted by theladyherself[/QUOTE]

This sounds right to me.  Send her the pic and ask for another trial
  • Options
    I agree as well go back make sure they are using the right color and make sure they are blending into your neck area and further if needed you dont want to look 2 different colors in wedding pictures for the rest of your life! GL and sorry you had an issue.
    Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards