Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Recessional music selections for strings! Suggestions please!

Hi all! I'm trying to figure out which direction to go here and thought I'd see what everyone has planned/had planned for their own recessional music. We're having a string quartet and the music selections for the prelude and the processional are more traditional classical music, but I'm open to more alternative choices for the recessional too. I just can't seem to make up my mind!

What I like best so far is Handel's La Rejouissance, and going in the complete opposite direction--an arrangement of "My Girl" for strings (probably starting somewhere in the middle where it picks up a bit more). Don't know what I want! What are you guys doing?

Re: Recessional music selections for strings! Suggestions please!

• Options
    We did Star Wars: Throne Room played by string trio.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    If you are getting married in a church, just check to make sure that "non-traditional" choices are allowed.

We recessed to "La Rejouissance" so I think that is a fine choice.  :)

Other ideas:

"Rondeau" by Mouret
    "Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring" by Bach
    "Hornpipe" from Water Music by Handel

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_recessional-music-selections-for-strings-suggestions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:f8be3121-d1cc-4ce8-81e7-266bf236d122Post:90bfe22c-fd38-47a3-990d-59b3ab53d959">Re: Recessional music selections for strings! Suggestions please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We did Star Wars: Throne Room played by string trio.
    Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh my goodness, FI and I just decided to go with this, too! Did people recognize it, or was it an awesome private thing between you and H?</div>
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards