Maryland-Baltimore

Rehearsal Dinner

I'm getting married in the city... so looking for a place for the rehearsal dinner. Any suggestions? Reasonable prices... What is the average price you are paying per person for Rehearsal dinner? Is everyone just ordering off the menu or is a buffet with per person? I'm lost!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner

• edited December 2011
    What kind of food are you looking for? There are a ton of cute restaurants in Little Italy that would be nice for a RD.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland-baltimore_rehearsal-dinner-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:85Discussion:9ca94332-3701-4bc1-912c-11e709f3f526Post:bfac0d80-3b7f-4b01-9b07-68cedb1ddddb">Re: Rehearsal Dinner</a>:
    [QUOTE]What kind of food are you looking for? There are a ton of cute restaurants in Little Italy that would be nice for a RD.
    Posted by kira&jake[/QUOTE]

No food specific. Just not over the top or expensive. I'll look into little Italy. I didn't even think of that! Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland-baltimore_rehearsal-dinner-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:85Discussion:9ca94332-3701-4bc1-912c-11e709f3f526Post:65966441-4591-42ec-ab2a-d3bb0efd21a5">Re: Rehearsal Dinner</a>:
    [QUOTE]A lot of restaurants (these don't help because they're in the county) like carrabas, riverwatch, by the docks, that can hold private parties and have a buffet style or limited selection menus so it ends up being the same price regardless. Like for my friends RD at carrabas it gave a choice of 2 different salads, 5-6 different entree choices, and 2 dessert choices, and a glass of wine for everyone. So there are some Im sure in the city (sorry I cant give specific recommendations) but you should call around and ask. This is a much cheaper and easier route than taking everyone to a restaurant and letting them choose whatever they want off the menu. Also, since its already paid for, everyone will have to take care of their own alcoholic drinks, which will save money and confusion. HTH!
    Posted by SkettiHeadie[/QUOTE]

Yeah we haven't decided if we should stay in the city or not after the rehearsal. It might be cheaper to do what your suggested! Thank you!
  • dwo1223dwo1223 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ah you got to go to chiparelli's(sp?)  food is delishhhh!!!!!!!
    not too expensive.  We were going to have ours there but then we changed venues and its way out of the way.
  • edited December 2011
    I love little italy but it CAN get VERY expensive.

There is always places like fogo de chao.
    More than words.....
  • edited December 2011
    Sabatino's in Little Italy is reasonable and they have a cool private room!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland-baltimore_rehearsal-dinner-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:85Discussion:9ca94332-3701-4bc1-912c-11e709f3f526Post:dd7787a8-4c72-441d-9ea2-3a52033a77c6">Re: Rehearsal Dinner</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sabatino's in Little Italy is reasonable and they have a cool private room!
    Posted by jesslovespete[/QUOTE]

<div>I looooove Sabatino's. If we were getting married in the city I would love to have the rehearsal dinner there. Holy cow I am getting hungry just thinking about Sabatino's. </div>
  • edited December 2011

Do you have a house you can have it at? Eleven Courses Private Chefs just did my sisters rehersal dinner and it was an amazing 5 courses dinner by two private chefs - I felt like I was at Oprahs house - just bc the way they pay close attention to their dishes and the guests - its amazing.

I would check them out. www.elevencourses.com

aubriel
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards