Catholic Weddings

Papal Blessing?

Is anyone trying to obtain a Papal Blessing for your wedding?  Or if you had already obtained one, how long did it take for you to receive it?

Re: Papal Blessing?

• edited December 2011

My friend got one for her wedding last summer, and I believe the process took 3 to 4 months.

• edited December 2011
    How do you go about obtaining a Papal  Blessing?
  • Kaye SmithKaye Smith member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here is the info....I contacted our chancery office and they told me I just need to have our priest call in the information to them.  I was thinking it would also be nice to do for my parents' anniversary.

You may request one through your Diocesan Chancery office. Depending on how your Diocese does these things, you may need to make your request through your Pastor. There will be a charge for the materials and artwork for the certificate (not for the blessing itself) which may be about $30 to $60, depending on the size and ornateness of the certificate. Your Diocese may place some restrictions on requests; mine requires that the occasion for the blessing be current, not several years ago. Due to the time and work necessary to create the certificate (these are not simply run off a laser printer), it is not unusual for a certificate to take six months or more for delivery.
  • edited December 2011
    We requested it through our pastor a few months ago (for our June wedding). As far as I know, he put the request through to the Vatican. While doing research, I read about the fee and discussed this w/ our pastor. He said it would be his wedding gift to us, which I think is a lovely gesture. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you very much for all the help!! God bless!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards