Registry and Gift Forum

Two Registries?

Because I'm new at this, this could be a very silly question :-)  Do you create a bridal registry for the bridal shower and a wedding registry for the actual wedding gifts or is it one registry?

Re: Two Registries?

• I'd say one registry the items for the bridal shower are still typically gifts for the both of you, for your home and life. I don't see the need for two registries. Ive never heard of one. You can add things of all price ranges and register at more than one store if needed.
  • One registry for both.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • One (or three like we have!) for it. 

You can add to it though- we have one at BB*B and one at wwwuponourstar.com and then one at PotteryBarn- after my shower I added to all of them- mainly I used one for my shower, then the others I filled out more after as we got closer to the wedding.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_two-registries?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:db4b4f1a-22fa-4126-97b9-10dd38a537d5Post:73bef0bc-92f3-4f8d-89b9-c8795996126b">Re: Two Registries?</a>:
    [QUOTE]One (or three like we have!) for it.  You can add to it though- we have one at BB*B and one at <strong>wwwuponourstar.com</strong> and then one at PotteryBarn- after my shower I added to all of them- mainly I used one for my shower, then the others I filled out more after as we got closer to the wedding.  
    Posted by BrideCa2011[/QUOTE]

Ugh, OP this is a bad example.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    282image Invited to celebrate!
    208image Will be Dancing the night away!
    74image Won't be having any fun
    0image are giving me a major headache

• People use the same registry for the shower and the wedding, but most couples make registries at more than one place.  You want to make sure you have a variety of price points and locations convenient to your guests, and that's hard to do with just one store.
  • You should register for all the WR events together but the number of places you're registered at is entirely up to you (both). We had three registries, one has been fulfilled so we're left with two. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards