Texas-San Antonio

Gardens at West Green-Anybody else?

Hi!  I am currently considering the Gardens at West Green for my wedding.  Has anyone else used/is planning to use this location for their wedding?  How are you decorating?  I would really love to share all kinds of ideas!  Thanks!

-Shannon

Re: Gardens at West Green-Anybody else?

• Little_Lily_9Little_Lily_9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello & Welcome to the SA Board! Smile

I'm not having a wedding at the Gardens at West Green
    But I found some pictures online of the facility decorated, and I thought it might help?

Good luck in your planning!
    "If music be the food of love, play on ..."-William Shakespeare

imageMy Wedding Blog
  • edited December 2011
    My March 13 wedding is going to be there...only 2 weeks away! This was a last minute venue switch when my original location fell through due to rennovations taking longer than expected. I'm really excited though about the Gardens at West Green..just hoping it will be not too cold! I'm taking their uplighting package to have various lights that match my wedding colors around the place...I'm going to do luminaries down the sidewalks in the evening for the dance, I'm having the ceremony facing the arch/column things..rather than the wall closest to where you drive in....my friend's mom made me "curtain" type thing to hang behind the middle arch so the reception tables aren't in the backdrop when the photographer takes pics of the ceremony, I'm using the wrought iron gazebo thing as a picture gallery/signin as people come in...that's all I can think of off the top of my head. I'm definitely excited and ready for it! If you have any other ideas, I'd like to hear them!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm looking into the same venue. How did the catering work out?
  • edited December 2011
    You can use whoever you want for catering at the Gardens at West Green....that was another important factor for me!
  • edited December 2011
    EandE-
    That's so great!  I'm excited just to be talking to someone else about the same venue lol.  I was thinking about using little curtains in the arches too.  I might steal your idea abou facing my ceremony the other way too.  That sounds like a good idea.  I would really love to see pictures of your wedding!  And hey, let me know if you wanna sell anything left over from you wedding, surely we'll be using some of the same things since we have the same venue.  My email address is skiracing7778@aol.com if you would like to email me there.  Take care!

-Shannon
  • amc1217amc1217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    EandE0919--you lucked out!  March 13th, which we considered for our wedding date, was beautiful.  Of course March 20th, the date we ended up choosing, was gusty and cold!  It was brave of you to go with an all-outdoor venue.  I wanted to, but since the weather did not end up cooperating with us, I'm glad we had an indoor option.  Made me wish I had chosen your date.  Actually, I think March 20th was the only non-beautiful Saturday in March!  Ugh! :)
  • amc1217amc1217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Actually, I'm still a bit mystified by this.  I tried calling this venue three times, left three voicemails, and never got a call back.  I can't imagine why not.  I started thinking maybe they'd gone out of business or something.
  • edited December 2011
    I emailed Karen a couple weeks back, got one email and never another response. So I called yesterday and spoke with her.  She got back to me pretty fast when she needed to check on some info for me. 

I haven't been to SEE the venue, since I live in Dallas, but it's in my Top 3.  I'm just a little nervous with the weird communication.
  • edited December 2011
    THIS FACILITY IS AWFUL!!!!! DO NOT USE!!!! I REPEAT DO NOT USE!!!!!!!
    I tried for over a month to reach them by email and by phone.  I needed a specific date.  Not once were my messages returned!  I was finally able to reach the manager; Karen Little.  She was such a dingbat.  I told her the date I needed and that I was unwilling to change it.  She then told me I could use it on a different date and at 9 o'clock in the morning! She didn't listen to what I was telling her.  Even over the phone she sounded like she had better things to do.  I scheduled an appointment to view the facility anyhow.  When my husband and I showed up she acted nice.  However, when I hinted that we would probably use our own photographer she seemed to not care once again.  She stated that she would get back to me by the end of the day by phone or by email to let me know of a specific time for my date and a quote.  SHE AGAIN NEVER CALLED ME BACK! We tried over and over and sent emails; it was pointless.  I have never never never treated so badly by a company.  I come to find out later that the photographer she suggests is her own husband! No Wonder!!! Karen is completely unethical and I reported them to the Better Business Bureau.
    If you do not plan on using all their suggested vendors or paying for the highest possible package...DON'T EVEN BOTHER!!! They won't give you the time of day otherwise!
  • I'm planning my wedding for March 31, 2013 and so far I have had the best experience, all my calls have been retured promtly and they were super excited to show me around and let me know that I could choose my own photographer, caterer, and bring in alcohol free of charge.  I looked at a million locations before this and all of the other venues seemed to have several hidden fees, plus charging me to bring my own alcohol or not allowing us to bring outside caterers. I loved this place bc so far I can pretty much do whatever I want and bring in whom ever I want.  Maybe it is under new management now? i noticed a post about how bad someone thought the communication was, but I have not experienced that at all.  I even called to ask if I could come show my maid of honor the site and the women I spoke with was happy to meet me within a few hours of my call.  So far so good, but I have only communicated with this venue during the weekdays and not on a friday as I'm sure they have rehersal wedding stuff going on and I figured it would be harded for me to reach someone.  So far I have only spoken to one person, so I think she runs the show pretty much, and my first impression of her was that she was a very sweet women, excited and polite.  But I actually hate wedding venue coordinators that are to businessy and look at you like a $.  I didn't get that at all from her, she listened to my ideas for the wedding, and my moms silly stories and seemed genuinly interested.  I'm more about personality and I am very organized and know what i want, don't need someone to sell me packages, just tell me what is available, and that is what I got.  hope this helps.    
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards