New Jersey

Zoom! Whitening

Hi Everyone!

So I want to whiten my teeth, and I came across a pretty good deal for Zoom! Teeth Whitening.  I have been reading some reviews, but they are kind of vague.  Has anyone had the Zoom! procedure?  How long do you think it lasts?  Some of the reviews said only a week.

I also read it was kinda painful, so I don't want to do that if it won't last.  Any information would help me out!

Thanks!

Re: Zoom! Whitening

• Hi!
    I totally recommend the ZOOM whitening!! i had it done a few years ago, and my teeth looked like they were freshly painted!! I dont think you should get them whitened right before your wedding, maybe a few weeks before, as teh white is REALLY white lol almost fake looking.

it totally changed my smile! and the compliments kept coming. As far as painful, the aftermath, it all depends on the sensitivity of your teeth, if you already have sensitive teeth (ie. cold hot tingly feelings) you may get more of that "sting" the sensitiivity may increase--way more. that really wasnt the case for me, so it all depends on the person. Good luck!
  • I had Zoom! done last year around this time, and my dentist is amazed at how great my teeth still look. It was totally worth the money!

Each individual will have a different experience. Fortunately I did not experience too much pain. It depends on your sensitivity, enamel and whether or not you have any cracks in your teeth. My dentist gave me the heads up to start using Sensodyne toothpaste a few weeks before the procedure, and take Advil the morning of.

My fiancee, on the other hand, did it and did not last past the 1st session. So if they ask you whether you want the "follow up trays"--take it. It's extra $$, but at least you'd be able to control how much pain you're having.

What is it? It's a very strong peroxide gel they apply to your teeth--which is exposed to UV light for about 15-20 minutes. Most people have 3 sessions in one sitting--so it takes about an hour. I had 4 sessions and had very little pain.
  • As long as the results last for a little, I am fine with the pain.  I do have sensitive teeth, but I use Sensodyne already, so hopefully that will help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards