Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Wedding Invitations - Is this tacky?

We set up our wedding website through TheKnot and I want to make sure our guests know about it because that's where we put the information about the hotel where we reserved rooms, etc.  One idea we had is to include a separate little slip of paper along with the invitation that says "for more details please visit our website" and provide the link.  The thing I'm worried about is that there are also links to our registry on the site and I think it might look like we are trying to direct guests to where they can find out what to buy us, which I know is a big no-no with regards to invitations. 

What do you think?  Do you have any other ideas?

Re: Wedding Invitations - Is this tacky?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I put my wedding website on the backside of our invitation. It includes information for hotels and location addresses- so I don't think it is tacky.
  • Options
    GoBucksOHGoBucksOH member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's ok to include information about your website in your invitations, it's not ok to put registry info directly on your invites. So your idea will work just fine.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our invitations had the actual invite, a response post card, and another card that had information about hotels and about our registry.  Some of our relatives would never go to a wedding website, so it was important that we had all the important info in with our invitations.

I've seen a lot of wedding invites with registry info somehow included in the envelope.  I don't think including hotel information or registry information is tacky--people want to know about that stuff.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree- I think it's fine to say 'more details on our website' and include the info. We put in a separate card w/ hotels info on it.
  • Options
    budde022budde022 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    agreed! i think it is ok to put your website in there and say for more information please visit... then those that feel as though they need it can seek it themselves. if you do have guests that wouldn't get on there to look i'm sure they would call to ask you or even ask your parents.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did the more details on our website. It's completely fine to do it.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think this is tacky.  I think it's just fine.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that's a pretty standard way of going about things, so not tacky!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think that directing them to your wedding website is tacky at all.  But getting a card with a listing of places people are registered is VERY TACKY.  I just got a wedding invitation in the mail yesterday with registry information and started laughing.  Who really does that?  Of all of the offensive, tacky things that people could possibly do for a wedding, including registry information is the worst.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards