Texas-Austin

Classic Cakes by Lori?

Has anyone booked a cake with Classic Cakes by Lori?  We are doing a cake tasting this weekend and I wanted to get people's input and their experience with this bakery.  Anything will help.

Re: Classic Cakes by Lori?

• SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She is a very popular vendor on this board. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • sksjaesksjae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing a tasting with her this weekend as well! I'll let you know how it goes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    She made the cakes for my wedding this past weekend. They were exactly what I wanted - they were beautiful...and tasted AMAZING. She is very resonably priced also. I highly recommend her.
  • sksjaesksjae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    While I loved every cake flavor and filling I tasted, I was not a fan of their icing. My favorites were the dark chocolate with cream cheese filling and spice cake with cinammon filling. The cake portion was sooooo moist and flavorful! My issue with the icing was that it was too sweet, but I'm also not a fan of buttercream and I tried to foundant just to see if I liked it and I didn't. I'm going to contact them about a possible different icing option, because they are super sweet and great to work with so far.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We decided to go with them and get the bride's cake in white cake and french vanilla with lemon filling and buttercream frosting.  For the groom's cake, we went with milk chocolate cake with rasberry filling and chocolate ganache.  We were really pleased at how nice they were and how the cakes tasted.  They also seemed like they could execute the cake exactly the way I wanted it.
  • lhayes311lhayes311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did a tasting with her and she is great!

BUT I went with The Sweet Stuff in Kyle because her cake was better and it was half the price!! Be sure to check them out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards