New York
Options

Engagement pics

FI and I live in Cortland, and we met at college in TC3.   Having both not be from the area, we wanted to have our engagement pics show where we met and where we "started" to show our possible future kids.

My question is, besides TC3, i dont really have any ideas for cool/artsy pics.

Our photog is driving in from NJ so she's not from the area to give any hints either.
  Not sure if we'll be able to drive all over for the pics either beingthat she's already driving in from a far distance.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Engagement pics

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You mean you're not going to Mexico for your e-pics?  All the coooool brides go to Mexico.  pffffffff

Sorry... I had to.  I couldn't help it.

I am useless w/ Cortland.... but I wouldn't stress too much about the location itself... I have seen fabulous pics taken in random open fields, train tracks, alleys... you name it.  I'm sure you'll get great shots no matter where you end up taking them.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Innocent
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Whats so funny about Mexico? Why am I lost? *tear*

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    Play getawayPlay getaway member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    :)  thanks.  
     Anywhere in ithaca or syracuse might be an option too.

FI was thinking about Skeanatlas and it's beautiful but besides the main street, idk where we might go. 

We were going to get our engagement pics done in Scranton,pa   where we having our wedding but i felt like then we might have some of the same area pics just with me in the wedding gown outdoors.
    Plus, like i said, being that we'e both not from the area, and plan to move out of the area within a few years, we'd feel the engagement pics would be more meaningful to have with things here. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_engagement-pics-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:03e6c72d-95b1-4cfd-9c9e-34af1dfea509Post:d340c36d-51ac-4a1c-9a81-6ed33a4ec291">Re: Engagement pics</a>:
    [QUOTE]<a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_engagement-pics" rel='nofollow'>http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_engagement-pics</a> Lost one....
    Posted by kevinandmonica2011[/QUOTE]

Ah Yes. I remember now.

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • Options
    sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did ours at Taughannock Falls State Park in Trumansburg and I really like them.  If you're into the waterfall thing, Buttermilk Falls in Ithaca would be pretty.  Or Robert Treman?  Or Stewart Park?  (These are all in Ithaca.)  What about somewhere near Greek Peak?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Side note on the Mexico thread... wtf and those websites are AWFUL I hope no one went through her FI. lol.

We had ours done outside in a field-ish area and the photog did some really cool stuff with angels and positioning. :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards