June 2013 Weddings
Options

First Wedding Dream

Okay so I've had my first wedding dream last night. Okay so first thing is I'm not wearing shoes I've decided I want to go barefoot and were these on my feet instead... It's foot jewelry and I think it's wicked pretty. 

Okay anyways now onto the dream. The ceremony went well, because I just stuck to the aisle runner and stayed off the grass. (I'm allergic to bees.) Anyways it was our first dance and things were going really well when all of a sudden I slipped and fell on my face, because my feet stuck to the floor from sweat or something. So here I am trying to decide whether there's anything I can do to keep this from happening or if this could even happen or deciding whether or not I should just pick out some shoes to wear. I don't know I'm kind of laughing to myself about my dream yet kind of wondering whether I'm going to have to give up my idea and just wear shoes... 

Any advice or friendly comments are welcome. Smile

Re: First Wedding Dream

• Options
    I think you'll be fine without shoes. I doubt your feet will get soooo sweaty that they stick the to floor and make you fall, or even that you slip and fall because of it. (I mean, you know your feet better then I do though, lol) But I'm sure plenty of brides go without shoes and it's not a problem. 

I wonder what these wedding dreams mean sometimes. My first wedding dream was that I forgot it was my wedding day and had nothing ready, never sent out invites, had no hair appt, etc. I also had one where we started getting our rsvp's and everyone was saying no.

BTW, I love the foot jewlery. My cousin makes custom ones and they come out beautifully, she even puts charms on them sometimes. I don't know if you got one already, but if you, or anyone, wants one, let me know.
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • Options
    I think you will be just fine going barefoot!! I mean even if u did stumble during your first dance wouldn't your FI catch you? It could turn out to be a scene from a Disney princess movie at that point. He'd look like prince charming!! Haha it will be okay. And te foot jewelry is gorgeous!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    emilyb213emilyb213 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Answer
    edited August 2012
    I think you'll be okay with the slipping and falling, but like MrsK said, I'd worry about broken glass (the last wedding I was at, at least three glasses ended up broken on the dance floor). I do love the foot jewelry though.

There must be something in the water, because I also had a wedding dream last night. I don't remember what it was about, but it freaked me out enough that I woke up in the middle of the night.

Edit: How allergic to bees are you? I'd make sure you've got some Benadryl with you on your wedding day, just in case.
  • Options
    That foot jewelry is really pretty! I'm sure you'll be okay too. Lots of girls post on other boards about going barefoot.

I've had a few wedding dreams already. Mostly about it being my wedding day and me being unprepared or not having the right things I need. That fact that I've already had a number of these is disconcerting since we'r still a ways out. I can only imagine how I'll be when it gets closer. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I love the foot jewelry, too! But I would also be worried about stepping on something. Could you possibly wear foot jewelry for the ceremony and then switch to some pretty sandals for the reception part?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You're going to be fine, Bethsuch! Your mind was just letting off a bit of steam. Don't change a thing just because of a goofy dream! If strange dreams had a way of coming true, I'd have given birth to puppies, kittens, and two large watermelons instead of my actual 4 kids. :)

Julie
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_first-wedding-dream?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:934ca462-7ca9-48ec-8628-d078a19abf35Post:20f7a760-b42d-4cbb-b18a-169f253187e8">Re:First Wedding Dream</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you will be just fine going barefoot!! I mean even if u did stumble during your first dance wouldn't your FI catch you? It could turn out to be a scene from a Disney princess movie at that point. He'd look like prince charming!! Haha it will be okay. And te foot jewelry is gorgeous!!
    Posted by pedulaney[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah he's pretty good at catching me, because I'm a clutz so he's pretty used to it. He'll probably be ready to catch me if I show any signs of not moving properly.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_first-wedding-dream?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:934ca462-7ca9-48ec-8628-d078a19abf35Post:3fe5feae-f65d-405b-a523-4528e25af8dd">Re: First Wedding Dream</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think you'll sweat so much that you'll faceplant, but I would be concerned about broken glass, or something else gross on the floor... not to mention people walking in and out of bathroom with bathroom-shoes and gross stuff.  That's just me, but maybe something to think about.  I do agree that that foot jewelry is really pretty, so I'm sure you'll figure something out!  Maybe you can find a pair of sandals that are really pretty and elaborate like that?
    Posted by mrskaiser22[/QUOTE]

<div>The gross stuff on the floor is something I'm worried about. The last thing I want to do is step on broken glass or some kind of food or something. So I probably will continue to look at shoes just incase, because I haven't gotten the jewelry yet so it gives me some time. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_first-wedding-dream?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:934ca462-7ca9-48ec-8628-d078a19abf35Post:cc64b1ac-c32b-4587-9fd8-91d99f33f5d7">Re: First Wedding Dream</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you'll be okay with the slipping and falling, but like MrsK said, I'd worry about broken glass (the last wedding I was at, at least three glasses ended up broken on the dance floor). I do love the foot jewelry though. There must be something in the water, because I also had a wedding dream last night. I don't remember what it was about, but it freaked me out enough that I woke up in the middle of the night. Edit: How allergic to bees are you? I'd make sure you've got some Benadryl with you on your wedding day, just in case.
    Posted by emilyb213[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm pretty sure FI won't walk out of the house without atleast 8 or 9 benedryll in his pocket, because I take 3 or 4 of them when I get stung. Just incase. Though I'll probably be out like a light if I get stung so here's to hoping I don't.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_first-wedding-dream?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:934ca462-7ca9-48ec-8628-d078a19abf35Post:257316f7-2554-4400-b09f-615ff694f587">Re: First Wedding Dream</a>:
    [QUOTE]That foot jewelry is really pretty! I'm sure you'll be okay too. Lots of girls post on other boards about going barefoot. I've had a few wedding dreams already. Mostly about it being my wedding day and me being unprepared or not having the right things I need. That fact that I've already had a number of these is disconcerting since we'r still a ways out. I can only imagine how I'll be when it gets closer. 
    Posted by cnf2013[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah I can only imagine the kind of dreams we'll all be having when it gets to be a month before the wedding or even a few weeks. I think they'll get crazy!</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_first-wedding-dream?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:934ca462-7ca9-48ec-8628-d078a19abf35Post:11af0d65-5362-48ae-ac36-1b2afb419744">Re: First Wedding Dream</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you'll be fine without shoes. I doubt your feet will get soooo sweaty that they stick the to floor and make you fall, or even that you slip and fall because of it. (I mean, you know your feet better then I do though, lol) But I'm sure plenty of brides go without shoes and it's not a problem.  I wonder what these wedding dreams mean sometimes. My first wedding dream was that I forgot it was my wedding day and had nothing ready, never sent out invites, had no hair appt, etc. I also had one where we started getting our rsvp's and everyone was saying no. BTW, I love the foot jewlery. My cousin makes custom ones and they come out beautifully, she even puts charms on them sometimes. I don't know if you got one already, but if you, or anyone, wants one, let me know.
    Posted by rmp4996[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I haven't gotten my foot jewelry yet. Not sure if it's even what I'm going to end up with.

</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_first-wedding-dream?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:934ca462-7ca9-48ec-8628-d078a19abf35Post:41ee3f14-9401-4549-b770-88dd5358ccc7">Re: First Wedding Dream</a>:
    [QUOTE]You're going to be fine, Bethsuch! Your mind was just letting off a bit of steam. Don't change a thing just because of a goofy dream! If strange dreams had a way of coming true, I'd have given birth to puppies, kittens, and two large watermelons instead of my actual 4 kids. :) Julie
    Posted by Julie2013[/QUOTE]

<div>I've heard that's a common dream when you're pregnant. I'm not really ready for those dreams when I get pregnant lol.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards