Michigan-Lansing

Warning David's bridal okemos

I went to David's bridal in okemos on Monday December 19,2012 to look for my wedding dress. I was extremely disappointed. Their selection was terrible, mostly ball gowns, only 2 or three tea length dresses. Prices were starting at 300, which is out of my budget, especially when everyone and their mother was telling me how reasonable their dresses are. The dresses were disgusting, pit stains and makeup smudges inside of them, beading falling off, and lots if snags. Service was terrible, the ladies told me to get them to take dresses off the rack, but they ignored me, so I had to take them off the rack myself. Stay away from David's bridal in okemos! I was able to find my dream dress an get a fabulous deal at Wally's Bridal in Howell, mi. Jennifer was great even making an appointment with me on the day they're closed.

Re: Warning David's bridal okemos

• I had a very good experience with David's in Okemos. I think you went on a off day. I shopped there on two different occasions and both were positive experiences. There alterations staff was also very helpful in getting me a new gown without hassle when my first one came in with a manufacturers defect.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have found Davids to be hit or miss and mostly miss. With me it was a miss and with a couple friends of mine also. There was a girl at work who didn't have a big problem.
    I really liked Becker's in Fowler.
    They were awesome.

Did you tell David's your budget was under $300?
    If they know that some places will just know they can't help you and won't even try.
    How much did you pay for your dress at Wally's?
    What kind of dress was it?

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-lansing_warning-davids-bridal-okemos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:96Discussion:af9fd05b-9636-4b1e-a3fc-a09d2a7b83f5Post:0bb971dd-cf7c-4149-90f1-1ab2d0f1cf8e">Warning David's bridal okemos</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to David's bridal in okemos on Monday December 19,2012 to look for my wedding dress. I was extremely disappointed. Their selection was terrible, mostly ball gowns, only 2 or three tea length dresses. Prices were starting at 300, which is out of my budget, especially when everyone and their mother was telling me how reasonable their dresses are. The dresses were disgusting, pit stains and makeup smudges inside of them, beading falling off, and lots if snags. Service was terrible, the ladies told me to get them to take dresses off the rack, but they ignored me, so I had to take them off the rack myself. Stay away from David's bridal in okemos! I was able to find my dream dress an get a fabulous deal at Wally's Bridal in Howell, mi. Jennifer was great even making an appointment with me on the day they're closed.
    Posted by ErinElizabethR[/QUOTE]
  • I told the girls at David's bridal my budget was around 200 after that they kinda ignored me. I got a beautiful, in fact the most beautiful dress I've ever worn that looked amazing on me at Wally's for 226 plus tax. It's a lacy strapless dress that is tea length in front and just grazes the floor in the back. All they had at David's Bridal were ball gowns and one tea length dress that looked like something my little cousin wore at her first communion.
  • I would disagree also. I went to every bridal store in the Lansing area, and I thought David's was one of the best for customer service, selection, and price range. It probably depends on the day you go, the consultant, and if you make an appointment. Most bridal stores would have trouble being able to accomidate a $200 budget for a wedding dress also. Congrats on finding the dress though!
  • David's is having a HUGE sale right now, many are under $200. I just got mine at David's in ann Arbor yesterday!
  • I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with David's Bridal in Okemos.  I found my dress from there, and requested that one be ordered so it was a dress that's been sitting on the rack. Ann was super nice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sorry you're trip to David's Bridal in Okemos was so horrible for you. My daughter and I went to David's Bridal in Saginaw and were treated like Royality. We had such a good experience that my daughter bought a white dress after saying for years she would never buy a white dress and that she wanted a red or blue dress. Our sales woman stayed within our budget and the dresses she did bring to us were available in the colors my daughter wanted. She just happened to like the white, and is adding a colored sash and jacket. Usually the dresses on the racks are for trying on which would explain the poor condition. We're even getting her bridesmaids dresses there and they're only $99. 
  • KaySea6213KaySea6213 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2013
    I had a wonderful experience at David's Bridal in Okemos. The woman who helped me was Tammy. The first night I went in, I was the only bride in the store and Tammy was very patient and kind, while I tried to figure out what I wanted. I tried on about 12 dresses that night and the entire time Tammy knew I had no intention of purchasing that day. When I went back days later I had found my dress at another salon, but Tammy was very gracious and kind about it. I got everything else for my bridal party at David's because of Tammy, she was spectacular.

That being said, when I brought my bridesmaids back for their appointment, Tammy was with a bride so we went with a junior consultant, Aeriel, who used the word "rape" twice during our appointment. I was not pleased with her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards