October 2013 Weddings
Options

October 5, 2013 - hopefully

I am hoping to get married Oct 5, 2013 - I have an appointment June 2nd to look a t one of the hotel ballsrooms in the area... the packages they have for receptions and ceremony seem to be the best deal for the amount of money - and include a lot of the things other area hotels charge extra for - I already like the hotel itself - and since a lot of people would be from out of town it just makes sense to have it all in one place - and saves money on transportation -
I feel like I am going in spurts though - I am very excited to get married - but it seems that now that I am engaged it's all anyone wants to talk about --- everyone wants to know what is in my brain as far as planning and has their opinions to share it is starting to make me a little crazy - is this normal?
Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: October 5, 2013 - hopefully

• Options

totally normal.  We are getting married at our reception place as well. Everyone wants to know what your next move is, like the day after you are engaged.  Relax.  We have over a year to go.  Just be polite and smile through it (the negative and the postive).  It is nice that people are intersted and you don't want them to never talk to you again about the subject!  Share what you know and then say we are taking it one step at a time!  happy planning <3 !

Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • Options
    Agreed! Totally normal Everyone (especially women of course) all have their ideas of a "perfect wedding" and they want to share those ideas with you. I read on here a perfect response that I have been using DAILY..."oh thanks, we'll think about that." And leave it at that! We've got a long time to plan and process ideas. Try to remember that everyone sharing or searching for info is trying to help and is excited for you....but yes, it definitely gets annoying :o)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks Everyone !  I guess I felt like it was just me... I love the fact that I am planning my wedding - but I don't feel like I have to know all the answers to everything already - We have awhile to plan :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I picked that date also,  sometimes I think that im planning to early but other people I talk to says im fine and its easier.  
  • Options
    That's is my wedding date, too! I'm already well into planning. It's just so much fun!
  • Options
    That is my date as well.  I think my wedding was almost totally planned 2 weeks after FI proposed lol, kidding.....kind of.  Everyone thinks I'm doing too much too soon and don't understand why, but I don't want to feel rushed at the end, I want to enjoy every second of planning and all the emotion the two weeks prior to my wedding.
  • Options
    Thats my date too! I agree its a while off but its  just so much easier on everything. You can take your time finding a place and everything and not rush and wont have to settle. And doing 15ish payments for your big ticket items is so much easer than 5. How my cousion pulled a wedding together in 4 months is beyond me. I want to enjoy everything not be stressed and i also have to deal with my family being in other states. I just started but i feel its just so much easier. 
  • Options
    I can see how it would get annoying to have everyone asking about the wedding - but the opposite is annoying too! I haven't really had anyone to talk to about our wedding - my family isn't super interested right now since it is "so far away" but I, like some of the PPs, am trying to plan as much in advance as possible so I am not stressed out right before the wedding (and during Grad School!!). I don't want to overburden my friends and family with talking about it, so I try not to bring it up, but I almost wish they would be more interested. I guess once I have asked my bridal party it will be different. My FI has already asked his. 
  • Options
    I just booked October 5th as well! We are planning to have our wedding outside. I'm a bit apprehensive about the weather, we do have plan B inside but we were meant to be outside! I continue getting questions about all the details too. It is a bit overwhelming at times, but we are running the show here! All final decisions are ours :. Make it how you have dreamt your wedding to be and set everyone else's questions and concerns aside!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards