Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

What type of wedding band (if any) should I get?

Hi Ladies,

So it's Tuesday and I'm bored at work so I was hoping maybe some of you could share what your bands look like or what you think will look good with my enagement ring. We're pretty sure we're going with a Tungstun band for FI, but for me we're not quite sure yet.

I'm very petite (seriously I know 3rd graders who are bigger than me!) so it can't be anything too big, but I'm just not sure what style will look best with my engagement ring without taking away from it.

We've also played around with the idea of me just having the one ring (which I like since I think the ring he gave me is beautiful and is totally "me") so that's also an option.

Thanks so much everyone for your suggestions! Hope everyone is having a great week!

Here's a pic of my engagement ring.

Re: What type of wedding band (if any) should I get?

• Options
    I'd get a simple band for that engagement ring, just a thin, white gold (or whatever metal it is) because you already hae the diamonds and more might be overpowering. I also think that a single ring is completely a good option, especially if you really like that one. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You could do just a thin, white gold band, or do a thin white gold band with a row of diamonds in it.  I love that look.

Maybe take your ring to your jeweler and ask them for wedding band options for that ring.  They might even be able to make one that fits with that ring.
    panther
  • Options
    Ditto PP. Something thin and delicate would look best.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    meganb1977meganb1977 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Ditto pp's, when you go into the jeweler you can try on a few wedding bands and get ideas, but definitely keeping it small and delicate will keep it from taking away from the e-ring.  If you decide you like your e-ring as is and you don't want to put a wedding band with it, that's fine too!
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    I agree that you should try and get something custom made. It's a beautiful ring. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Beautiful ring. I would do like PP's have said and get a thin simple band that will fit right up to your e-ring.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your input! Very appreciated Smile

• Options
    I'm getting a custom-made band, and it's worth every penny to have something that so perfectly "goes" with my uniquely-shaped engagement ring.  I would say look into getting something custom made if it's in your budget - that way, you can make sure it's as thin and delicate as the engagement ring.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    I would stick with the one ring. Especially since you seem to really like your ering and it's very intricate and beautiful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh wow, pockysquirrel they do look alike! Whoever picked yours out has good taste! ;)  I don't remember seeing a matching band at the store, but maybe I missed it so I'll check again. With such tiny fingers, I'm leaning towards just a simple band as well though.

Thanks everyone! :)

• Options
    Holy cow, that looks nearly identical to mine! I would recommend going back to your jeweler and finding a band that'll match. I know mine comes with a matching wedding band and it looks like this: http://bridal.gabrielny.com/style/ER7805W44JJ
    (Click the bottom picture to see it matched with the wedding band.)

Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards