Connecticut

Fairfield CT wedding - cupcakes vs traditional wedding cake........

Hi!
I am getting married on the beach (Pennefield Pavailion) in Fairfield CT and am interested in having a cupcake tower instead of the traditional wedding cake.  I am not from the Fairfield area and are not sure what bakery I should look into for cupcakes..........Anyone with ideas......please HELP!!!!  Thanks!

Re: Fairfield CT wedding - cupcakes vs traditional wedding cake........

• edited December 2011
    Crumbs Bake Shop just opened in my town (Westport). Haven't been but it looks awesome. http://www.crumbs.com/cupcakes.
  • edited December 2011

I've had a lot of Crumbs cupcakes in the city.  My office used to order them for every birthday/holiday/event.  They have some really fun looking cupcakes and interesting flavors.  If you decide to go with them, I highly suggest you go and taste a variety first.  I've found their cupcakes in general tend to be really dense, and sometimes dry... the regular size ones are HUGE... like large muffin size huge.  We used to cut them in four and share them.  If you do a tasting, taste the actual size cupcakes you would have for your wedding so that you know exactly what you'll be getting.  Also, make sure to check if they will actually deliver and set up a cupcake tower for you.  All of the locations I've been to do custom orders, but it's for pickup.  That's in NYC though so maybe the one in Westport is different.

I would also suggest contacting some of the wedding cake bakers that are recommended in that area.  Cupcake towers are becoming much more common now, so most bakers that I've talked to do cupcakes.  You just need to ask.

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_fairfield-ct-wedding-cupcakes-vs-traditional-wedding-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:706ea2a0-6880-4d47-a8b9-fc7bd77bcc1bPost:0e3004c2-8520-43b7-a503-d6c738aac5d4">Re: Fairfield CT wedding - cupcakes vs traditional wedding cake........</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've had a lot of Crumbs cupcakes in the city.  My office used to order them for every birthday/holiday/event.  They have some really fun looking cupcakes and interesting flavors.  If you decide to go with them, I highly suggest you go and taste a variety first.  I've found their cupcakes in general tend to be really dense, and sometimes dry... the regular size ones are HUGE... like large muffin size huge.  We used to cut them in four and share them.  I<strong>f you do a tasting, taste the actual size cupcakes you would have for your wedding so that you know exactly what you'll be getting. </strong> Also, make sure to check if they will actually deliver and set up a cupcake tower for you.  All of the locations I've been to do custom orders, but it's for pickup.  That's in NYC though so maybe the one in Westport is different. I would also suggest contacting some of the wedding cake bakers that are recommended in that area.  Cupcake towers are becoming much more common now, so most bakers that I've talked to do cupcakes.  You just need to ask.
    Posted by akulaji[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Good advice that I would have never thought of!

</div>
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ok, so i know this is TOTALLY nowhere near fairfield, but just in case you don't find anyone you like down there, there's a bakery called A Little Something that makes AMAZING cupcakes.  it's up in West Hartford, but they might deliver...i'm not sure.  

that's so exciting that you're getting married at Penfield!!  DH grew up in Fairfield and when we met, that was our beach :)  
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure of the fairfield area but New York Bakery & Angela Mia's in Norwalk are delish!! YUM!

Ditto on Crumbs! They are huge cupcakes and really really rich in flavor IMO!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

Another thumbs-up for Crumbs in Westport.  While you are down there though, contact Great Cakes in Westport.  I actually like them better than Crumbs.

Also, Chaves Bakery in Bridgeport is OUT OF THIS WORLD. 

• edited December 2011
    Thanks Everyone!!

I appreciate the help......will let you know who I end up with.....
    Enjoy the holiday weekend
    J2
  • edited December 2011
    After all that cupcake talks I couldn't resist and went to Crumbs. It's freaking awesome!! We got a six pack for $22.50 which I thought was pretty reasonable for the size of the cupcakes (there are 4 sizes). My fav is the chocolate covered strawberry. The prices on the website is more expensive than the store. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards