Arizona-Tucson
Options

cakes?

Im starting to look into cake bakeries/shops. Does anyone recommend any by service, taste, price etc... Were having about 75 people and FI wants an all red velvet cake. Yummy!!

TIA

Looks like we may have found a venue too! Thanks for all the suggestionsTongue out

Re: cakes?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My MOH referred me to Marcos Patisserie.  Its too early for us to do a real cake testing, but we went there awhile ago just to get a sample, and their stuff was good.  Prices seem reasonable too.

• Options
    Austen2010Austen2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What venue did you choose? Congrats!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Busy B is awesome!!!!
  • Options
    Leelinn25Leelinn25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ambrosia makes the best red velvet ever.  They just opened up a new shop called mini's cupcakes and they have the red velvet there.  I have tasted hers several times at bridal shows and she is doing mine. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going with Busy B's also.  I was impressed with their cake flavors, their willing to work with you at your pace, they don't try to pressure you into anything, and they let you take all the time you want.  I was very pleased.  The girl I worked with was Anita.  I went in with my Mom, MOH, and God Mother, and she was wonderful.  We went to a few other places, and they weren't up to par in my opinion.  I would not refer anyone to Village Bake House, as soon as the lady say my cake toper and realized I didn't want a traditional cake she couldn't wait to get rid of us, and Marybels never returned my calls.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    t.kaufmant.kaufman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I tasted ambrosia at the bridal expo - red velvet cupcakes - omg amazing! Was not at all impressed with Busy B's... I'll definitely be checking with ambrosia here shortly to see if they can do mine for a good price!
  • Options
    asem_22asem_22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also doing a full red velvet cake and I checked with Ambrosia because they make THE best tasting red velvet cake! But they are pricey. She quoted me $900 for 200 people. I decided to look around at other bakeries to see if we could get a better price. $900 is a little bit too much for us.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am going with Ambrosia for my wedding which will take place the end of this month.  Jaynie will be doing both my bridal cake and the groom's cake - I'll let you know how they turn out!
  • Options
    luckyinloveazluckyinloveaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks ladies, I sent out emails yest to get a ball park range on prices. Cant wait to do cake tastings.

• Options
    elvismarlinelvismarlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try La Baguette Bakery attached to Ghini's French Cafe on Prince and Campbell.  My sweetheart and I buy cakes there all the time and they're fantastic.  One of my best friends had a horrible experience with Maribelle during their move 2 yrs ago and I called La Baguette to see if they could do a last minute wedding cake order.  They were more than agreeable and willing to fill the order.  I love them!  I'm not sure if they can do red velvet, but they're definitely worth checking out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ambrosia is definitely my favorite.  You can get cupcakes instead and maybe a small cake to cut.  This will make the price a LOT cheaper!  Some venues even charge a cake-cutting cost, so you would save on that too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards