October 2012 Weddings

Welcome

So.. we are all October 2012 brides! tell me more about yourself

What is your wedding theme or vision?

when/ how did you meet your FI?

How did he propose?

What is your favorite thing about your wedding planning?

What is your least favorite thing about your wedding planning?

Re: Welcome

• undying- well im glad to see some life on the board! haha.  heres a little about me.  make sure you fill it out as wel!!

What is your wedding theme or vision?  very rustic and relaxed.  we are having it at Normandy Farm in Blue Bell PA, it is an old farm that has been converted into an Inn.  Plum and burnt orange are my colors.

when/ how did you meet your FI?  we met on christmas day, 2 years ago.  he lived with a mutual friend and we all had so much wine left over we decided to do a mini get together.  the rest is history =)

How did he propose?  11/6/10- breakfast in bed.  very nice long speech, which i wasnt listening to a word of!! i coudlnt hear anything. 

What is your favorite thing about your wedding planning?  starting to get ideas of all the details. i cant wait to see them come to life.

What is your least favorite thing about your wedding planning? how much money will we actually be spending.  i feel a little guilty, FI wanted to go small and not spend a fortune, i think i swayed him a little.  however, in all fairness-FIs family is 10x the size of mine, so if we went small ,it would be 70% his family/friends and only 30% mine.  so now were going big and everyone is invited!
    October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2010
    What is your wedding theme or vision?
    We are having a very classic, romantic theme. Lots of flowers and candles, etc. Our colors are navy and silver.

We met on a blind date in August of 2009.

How did he propose?
    I actually was the one to propose to him. :) I knew he'd had my engagement ring for a couple of months already, and one evening it just felt right, so I just went ahead and asked him. I was afraid he might feel like I "stole his thunder" but he actually thought it was pretty great.

I love to plan in general, so getting to plan something as big and wonderful as this is awesome!

The money aspect. My family is willing to help us with the cost of the wedding, but some things feel so over the top as far as pricing goes...it seems ridiculous sometimes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• What is your wedding theme or vision?
    I am doing a gothic victorian theme and my colors are black and royal blue with burnt orange and black calla lilies.

I was dragged out of my house after becoming a hermit for awhile by a friend of mine and she took me to a bar with her and her BF. Her BF's best friend ended up showing up. When her and her BF started to get all mooshy and blah we went outside and stayed out there for over 4 hours just talking :)

How did he propose?
    In front of a fireplace in a cabin in the middle of the woods.

I am having to make and piece alot of my stuff together myself because my theme isn't normal in the least, but it's alot of fun to sit with my friends and family and start piecing everything together.

I have a VERY small family my list of family and friends including bridal party only makes up MAYBE 25% of our total guest list. Due to me having a somewhat gothic wedding and a handfasting ceremony I am starting to stress a little because it's mostly his family coming. I don't know alot of them, I don't know what they like food wise, and I am going to be at a wedding with hardly anyone I know lol.
  • What is your wedding theme or vision? Fall on the lake :)

when/ how did you meet your FI? High School

How did he propose? In my living room.

What is your favorite thing about your wedding planning? Being able to plan our future together

What is your least favorite thing about your wedding planning? School at the same time.

November Siggy: Bouquet Inspiration Photobucket www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
  • You guys all have such cute proposal stories! It's very nice to learn a little more about you guys and look forward to seeing all of our weddings come together and get to know each other better!
  • What is your wedding theme or vision? Casual elegance with either Wine or Sangria as my color not sure what other color Im going to use with it yet.

when/ how did you meet your FI? We met in a child development class in college. We were both in relationships at the time but we had the same teacher and same class room and sat in the same seats for a couple semesters and we hit it off. Soo once we were both single we made it happen. Weve been together for 7 years now.

How did he propose? He had me meet him at the steak loft in mystic for dinner on 11/6/10. He told me there was a 30 min wait to we walked over to the village and he proposed at the gizebo.

What is your favorite thing about your wedding planning? soo far not being stressed out .

School at the same time as trying to plan this but I will hopefully be graduating in May 2012 so I can have time to finish the final details.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is Darla and Chester. Darla is the black and white basset and Chester is the tan and black basset. Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is Emma kitty Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards