Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Help with wording, please!

My FI and I are having a destination wedding on June 29, 2013 at the Lake of the Ozarks.  However, we know that quite a few of our extended family members will not be able to make the trip.  So, we have decided to have a get together in our hometown (where several of our family is from) on July 13, 2013.  At this get together, we will have a casual dinner (pulled pork sandwiches, potato salad, etc.)  We will also have a hosted keg and a cash bar for people.  This is for us to get together with our family and celebrate our marriage with those who were not able to make it to the Ozarks.  There won't be a DJ (or dancing) or a formal sit-down dinner.  People can come and go as they please from 6 - 11. 

We will of course be sending wedding invites to our family members and friends because we would love for them to be there in the Ozarks.  In addition, we will send an insert about the get together we are having on July 13.  However, I'm not sure what should be written on the insert.  I would love any suggestions on formats for wording.

Thank you!     

Re: Help with wording, please!

• Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2012
    For the get together when you return, I wouldn't worry about formal invitations.  Just write a casual, welcoming note instead: "We are having a get together at X in home town on July 13, 2013 to celebrate our marriage from 6pm to 11pm.  We'd love it if you could join us."  Don't send it with your wedding invitations because it's really a separate event.

Edited to add: Cash bars or any other situations where the guests have to pay for anything really are a breach of etiquette.  Don't do them.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_help-with-wording-please-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:ecba0964-7f3b-4434-9a5a-9caed4d2c30cPost:4089d4e6-a08e-4a64-88e8-39f8407034a9">Re: Help with wording, please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you put an insert in your wedding invitation about the get together, it becomes a part of your wedding, which it is not.  You need to send out separate invitations to the later party.  It is OK to put something about it on your website, but not in your wedding invitation. 
    Posted by CMGr[/QUOTE]

Thank you.  What do you suggest the wording be for the separate invite to the get together?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards