Tennessee
Options

Urgent!!!! Outdoor reception ideas.

Hi everyone! I need your help immediately. I'm getting married in August, and we had to change the site of the reception. Now we're having it ouside underneath a pavilion, and I need your all's help figuring out the decorations. The pavilion has wood columns, concrete floor, and surrounded by woods and an open field on one side.

Thank you all!!

Re: Urgent!!!! Outdoor reception ideas.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi everyone! I need your help immediately. I'm getting married in August, and we had to change the site of the reception. Now we're having it ouside underneath a pavilion, and I need your all's help figuring out the decorations. The pavilion has wood columns, concrete floor, and surrounded by woods and an open field on one side.

Thank you all!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are also getting married outdoor under a pavilion. We are stringing lights above and around the columns, and maybe adding some greenery on the columns with the lights. We are leaving the floor uncovered (concrete also) because I don't think it is a big deal. Our pavilion has two wood paneled walls and two open sides, and we are leaving the walls alone because we love the look. Then, we are just decorating the tables and having fun!

I have seen a ton of paper lanterns hung from the rafters of pavilions and tents online and it looks really neat. You could even add lights inside the lanterns and it would be pretty. 

I'm a firm believer that anything you do to an outdoor venue is just icing on the cake - outside is already beautiful!

Good luck, have fun with it, and I bet it will be beautiful! :-)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mason jars! You can find them in all sorts of sizes. I hosted a engagement party and used these. I went to Hobby Lobby (or any garden/crafty store) and bought a ton of fake moss (cheap!) and placed it around the jars with candles inside. You could tie a ribbon or put flowers in some as well.

Hope this helps!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, I didn't mean to move this one!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was wondering why in the world you moved this! Can you move it back?!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all. I really appreciate your ideas. I love the lighting idea, but the problem is that the reception will be taking place at 3:00. I am doing the mason jar idea with teal gerber daisies and a brown ribbon around them. That's all I have. Does anyone have anymore ideas?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could still maybe string some lanterns up without lighting - they still look pretty in outdoor pavilions during the day. 

Do you have a photo of the pavilion you could share with us? Maybe that would help with more ideas?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here is a daytime setting with candles - still looks fab! You could add some votives around your daisies on the tables. And, hanging something like these or the paper lanterns - pretty!

And this has lights and lanterns during the day.

And this has lanterns with no lights.

The possibilties are endless! 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I love that second picture! The pavilion has rafters, so I might just do that. I'll be down there Sunday and will take some pictures to post for you all!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You absolutely owe it to yourself to check out CJ's Off The Square in Franklin, TN.
    You can get married in the garden and celebrate on the patio. Call CJ or Amy over there for the most organized and fun experience there is!
    http://www.cjsoffthesquare.com/

DJ Ryan
  • Options
    planning a outdoor wedding in august, no building for reception,any ideas for reciption area. not sure of getting a tent either.need ideas.help.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards