Chit Chat

Sitting chart.

my brides out there, how do I create the perfect sitting chat?

Re: Sitting chart.

• Find out how many people each table holds, and start by grouping families together and then plug in your holes with people that may not know anyone else there.
  • It's "SEATING" chart, not siting.  

I had a spreasheet with a column for each table.  I started with a table for our parents and grandparents, one for our siblings and their kids,  a table for my cousins and their spouses, his cousins and their spouses, one for my college friends, one for his college friends, etc...then we plugged in holes with random couples with people who we thought would get along and have stuff in common.
    DSC_9275
  • The perfect sitting chat is acheived with a fireplace and glass of fancy wine 'Masterpiece Theater' style.
  • What CWaggoner said. I cut out little circles on cardstock and wrote everyone's name on mini post-its (couples shared a post-it, singles got their own).

I started with family and the friend groups who knew each other. Then I just sort of made some guesses, like with my parents' friends who were all military...they sat together because they had military in common. And then there were a couple folks who were total outliers and didn't know anyone or have common interests that I knew of -- I just sat those people at tables where other nice, welcoming people were.

My tables sat 8 officially, but some had 7, some had 9 and I was allowed up to 4 tables of 10 and I definitely used them. Your seating isn't going to be perfectly even across the board. You'll have gaps, but it's not a big deal. Just don't have a table of 2 or something like that.
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards