Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

What's the difference?

The vows are I take you to be my husband, good times and bad, etc. but what's the name of the section where the officiant asks if you will take him to be your husband as long as you both shall live, etc? I'm trying to write the program and don't know how to differentiate.

Re: What's the difference?

• Options
    I think it's called the declaration of intent but I could be wrong.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_whats-the-difference?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:6ab97c33-42a4-43a1-805c-a449b73d39b5Post:23affe4c-f20c-41e6-9794-4e8bc8d623b2">What's the difference?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The vows are I take you to be my husband, good times and bad, etc. but what's the name of the section where the officiant asks if you will take him to be your husband as long as you both shall live, etc? I'm trying to write the program and don't know how to differentiate.
    Posted by Jamie B21[/QUOTE]

called Vows or Declaration of Intent.  The other owns are Vows of Promise.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 129image 102image 24image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_whats-the-difference?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:6ab97c33-42a4-43a1-805c-a449b73d39b5Post:ab4cc4cc-ab0c-4b5a-b89a-7ed69747cf1f">Re: What's the difference?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's the difference? : This.  And in some states (like Arkansas) it is necessary to have the Declaration of Intent for the ceremony to be legally recognized.  The vows themselves are optional.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>In MA too.  My offiant called it "the asking".  She is required by law to ask us in some way.  Once we both say yes, that's what makes you legally married.

</div>

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards