Honeymoon Discussions

Bora Bora/Moorea

FI and I are currenty looking into two different offers for a honeymoon to Bora Bora.

Option 1 overall is a better deal, and would include a few nights at the Pearl in Moorea (garden view w/private pool) and at the Pearl in Bora Bora (over-water bungalow).

Option 2 is still a great deal (though admittedly not AS good as #1), and we'd be staying a few nights at the Hilton Moorea (Garden view w/pool) and the remaining nights at the Hilton Bora Bora Nui in an over-water bungalow.

Is the Hilton that much nicer than the Pearl? I doubt it's similar to the St. Regis, but does it have the higher end luxuries? Or are they pretty comparable? Are we going to NEED those mosquito nets? haha...

Finally, is it worth it to go for 7 nights? Or should we push for 8?

Thank you in advance! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bora Bora/Moorea

• edited March 2013
    I've stayed at all four resorts. It really depends on the type of experience you are looking for, but I'd pick the Hilton options hands down. The Pearls are more authentic and the staff is a little more friendly- they make you feel a bit more like family. Plus, the view from the OWBs at the Bora Bora Pearl is amazing. However, both Pearls are in need of a little renovation and the beaches aren't as nice as the Hilton. The Hiltons were renovated a few years ago and the snorkeling at both, especially in Moorea, is great! If you're looking for a smaller more authentic experience, then pick the Pearls. If you want a step up in luxury and larger resort properties, then the Hiltons are a great choice!

Def bring bug spray but the mozzies aren't terrible. You may need to spray at night but it's not a swarm.

I think how long you stay depends on your budget. 4 nights on each island would be great, but do what works best for your time and budget.

• JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_bora-boramoorea-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:c34e9734-e22a-4a0b-bf66-b6a29ca4d458Post:17a2a34b-03ea-4648-b001-817aaca8f530">Bora Bora/Moorea</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI and I are currenty looking into two different offers for a honeymoon to Bora Bora. Option 1 overall is a better deal, and would include a few nights at the Pearl in Moorea (garden view w/private pool) and at the Pearl in Bora Bora (over-water bungalow). Option 2 is still a great deal (though admittedly not AS good as #1), and we'd be staying a few nights at the Hilton Moorea (Garden view w/pool) and the remaining nights at the Hilton Bora Bora Nui in an over-water bungalow. Is the Hilton that much nicer than the Pearl? I doubt it's similar to the St. Regis, but does it have the higher end luxuries? Or are they pretty comparable? Are we going to NEED those mosquito nets? haha... Finally, is it worth it to go for 7 nights? Or should we push for 8? Thank you in advance! :)
    Posted by AmJam04[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>We stayed at the Hilton in Moorea and Bora Bora.  We never really saw other resorts in person other than passing, so I can't compare.  I really liked the Hilton in Moorea.....the snorkeling was fantastic.  I think the Hilton is better than most resorts in Moorea.  For Bora Bora, I wished we looked into other resorts though.....I know there are some really nice ones. But overall we loved our OWB and enjoyed our stay there.</div><div>
    </div><div>Oh, and no mosquito nets!  There were alot of flying bugs around the pool in Moorea when the sun was out though.  But no mosquitos.....we even brought coils and a citronella candle and never used them.</div><div>
    </div><div>If your budget can manage 8 nights, go for it!  Our flight got in late at night, so one night was gone right away.  If you get a flight that gets in early, you'll probably be tired and won't enjoy the day as much.  With that said, if all I had was 7 nights, I'd still go! </div><div>
    </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards