Rhode Island

Question about Sam C.; And Looking for Makeup Recs

I decided to book Sam C. based on all the great reviews of her on here. But I haven't seen any pictures of her work!! The no contract thing kind of scares me. Have any of you ladies used her? Any pictures?

Also, does anyone have recomendations of affordable makeup artists in the Narragansett area?

Thanks!

Re: Question about Sam C.; And Looking for Makeup Recs

• Kerri Parks from Skinplicity does a fantastic job with make up. Unfortunately, I am not using her for my wedding (she's unavailable for our date), but had my make up done by her for our engagement pictures last summer. She gave me the look I was looking for - polished and natural - which was important to me because I don't wear a lot of make up on a regular basis. She has great prices for brides/bridal parties too.
  • Sam C did all of the girls' hair for my wedding.  She is amazing!!  I just got my pictures back recently & was impressed all over again at how pretty all of the girls looked.  I'm going to try to upload a few pics, but I've never done it before; so if it doesn't work or you have more questions, just ask.

Kristin Greene did everyone's makeup, but I don't know if you'd consider her to be affordable.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sam C did my make up too! She is a busy bee but rest assure, she is a true professional. Sam always responded to my e-mails and phone calls in a timely manner. She arrived on time for my big day and she worked quickly. 

I booked Sara Faella and her glam squad. She has worked with Sam C. on several ocassions so they work well together. Sara is ah-mazing! I wanted air brush make up and she is one of the few MUAs that offer the service in the R.I area. I had two weddings in one day so I needed coverage that would last all day. She also does hair and I had both services done by her too. Definitely worth inquiring because her range and expertise is unsurpassed. 

Hair & Make up by Sara Faella ( Cambodian wedding)

Hair by Sam C & Make up by Sara Faella (Western Ceremony & Reception)
  • I used Jennifer Hodge.  She uses airbrush and will travel to you.  She did an amazing job and everyone looked great that day.  Don't know what your budget is, but she was worth every penny.
    Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011
    HSG and CD3 B/W - normal; SIS - one fibroid not impacting uterus; Several SA - low numbers across the board
    Moving right to IVF with ICSI
    ER: 8/17/12; 13R, 11M, 9F
    ET: 8/20/12; 2 "beautiful" embies transferred and 1 frobaby on ice
    Beta #1: 8/31/12 - BFP at 89!
    Beta #2: 9/3/12 - 315
    Beta #3: 9/10/12 - 6,109
    1st U/S: 9/24/12 - One little bean with a strong heartbeat!
    It's a boy!
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Blog: Project Make a Baby
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My makeup gal was very afordable.  She's based out Cranston but travelled to Newport for my wedding.  Her name is JillDeGiglio & her cell number is (401) 374-2733.  If you'd like to see pictures of my makeup, feel free to email me directly via the link.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards