Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Too early??

I just got engaged and we set our date for April 21, 2012...I am just soo excited and its the only thing that I can ever think about and that I want to look up and just do everything!!! Do you think that it is too early for me to be doing stuff or is it never too early??  I know what I want..i just dont know how or when I should do things....

Btw..is anyone from the lafayette area??

Re: Too early??

• kellyodonnellkellyodonnell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HI!  Trust me, it is not too early!  My wedding date is May 14, 2011, and I started waaaay early, and so glad I did!  First of all, if you know where you want to have your ceremony/reception, book it to secure the place!  You have plenty of time if something changes!  As for the dress, if you fall in love with the "one" get it NOW, it could become discontinued and no longer available, and you will be heartbroken if that happens! It happened to me!  You may even decide to push up your wedding to an earlier date if you get things done early!  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I know alot of photographers are all booked up in 2011 already...the good ones at least.....so if you like something or a vendor, jump on it....it will come quick....I know our venue was booked 1.5 year in advance, so it doesn't hurt to at least inquire...
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with the other posters. I missed out on getting my first choice for a reception hall (Oak Lodge) even though I went to book it nearly a year-and-a-half in advance! You should start booking and planning as much as you can now. Also, since you are from Lafayette, I just thought I would recommend my photographer, Carley McDaniel, who is in Lafayette. She did such a great job and was so much fun!
    Photobucket
  • hwilli8hwilli8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree!  I just found out that Ambrosia Bakery is already booked for June 2011!  They said most of 2011 is booked and part of 2012!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I say since u have so much time do things in order. Mostly just order of importance to you but book the church and hall, then buy your dress and start with vendors. Pretty much everything is ASAP. Whether it's because its one less thing to do later, or you might not get your first choice. Just start now and enjoy it.
    I got engaged and started planning immediately. The wedding (May 2011) was about 14 months away. Everyone thought it was hillarious! I have 8 months left, and I feel like I'm on a great timeline. Except, I haven't booked the church and I'm having doubts about the reception venue. I think the longer you have the more sure you can be.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Wow that is amazing i was thinking the same thing! we just got engaged september 16th and April 21, 2012 is our date too! we are seniors at UL but will be home to New Orleans for the wedding so dont worry we aren't competition haha, I think this is the best time to just enjoy planning on your terms to make sure things are exactly the way you invision them to be! good luck and get ready cause these next 19 months will fly by!!!!!
  • sguidrysguidry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

This reply for Linate. I am looking for a photographer in the Lafayette area and u mention someone. Do this place have a website and were their packages under 1,800?

• sguidrysguidry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having a wedding in Lafayette. I was raised in Rayne but live in Dallas, tx.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards