Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Unity Ceremony Options

My FI and I are to be married a year from this weekend so I'm working on putting all of my ideas into action finally. 

I'm stuck on the unity ceremony.  We're getting married at Stoneridge Golf Course- outside under their "tented pavillion".  The candle ceremony won't work the best if it's windy so that's out and I'm fine with the sand ceremony but I'd like to hear other ideas that people have seen at weddings or done themselves. 

Thanks  :)

Re: Unity Ceremony Options

• I've seen a new one with roses I love, where you give each person you care about a rose, then you combine them all into the one. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mac17mac17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    <div>Some of unity ceremomies I have seen are:</div><div>
    </div><div>A wine box-You write love letters to each other before the wedding, seal them in envelope, place the in a small chest along with a bottle of wine and wine glasses, and lock it, and you open them on your five year anniversary and share the wine.  Also on your five year anniversary, you write new letters to be open again in five years.</div><div>
    </div><div>Tree ceremony-small potted tree and either include soil from your each of your families home that you add together or you can simply water it together.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://minneapolis-stpaul.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_unity-ceremony-options?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:c5d18b59-0a0c-4ea6-97cc-3f4ceb71e5a1Post:0f3a4bd6-f89a-4564-a97f-2ca950cd6fca">Unity Ceremony Options</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI and I are to be married a week from this weekend so I'm working on putting all of my ideas into action finally.  I'm stuck on the unity ceremony.  We're getting married at Stoneridge Golf Course- outside under their "tented pavillion".  The candle ceremony won't work the best if it's windy so that's out and I'm fine with the sand ceremony but I'd like to hear other ideas that people have seen at weddings or done themselves.  Thanks  :)
    Posted by Peterin43[/QUOTE]
    Anniversary
  • We had a "cocktail" unity ceremony, which we called "A Toast to Love" so it was more appropriate for a wedding. Basically we poured 4 different ingredients from pretty glass vials into a pretty decanter, our officiant mixed it up and poured it into a glass and then each took a sip. I realize that if you're having a religous ceremony, they probably won't allow it, but it fit us perfectly and we got a lot of compliments on it. :)
  • I saw one this past weekend I hadn't seen before.  Something with the Ecclesiates verse about the triple braided rope. They braided the rope while the verse was being read. 
  • We did what is called a hand ceremony for the exact reasons you mentioned: our ceremony was outside and partially because I didn't want to do a sand ceremony or unity candle. I actually found the idea on Pinterest and loved it. Here's the link to the blog:

http://everybridesbestfriend.blogspot.com/2009/02/unity-candle-alternatives.html

We did the first one, where the MOH and BM read parts. There wasn't a dry eye in the pavillion.
  • There is a bitter and sweet ceremony. If you google it you can find different versions of how it is done. Some people do a bitterr and a sweet wine and mix that and take a sip out of that. And one of my good friends did it with wine and chocolate.
  • We did a dove release at our recent outdoor ceremony.
  • Peterin43Peterin43 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Thank you for the ideas.  We have time to think it through but now that we just passed our year mark- I'm ready to check things off that list!  :)

Thanks again
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards