Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Entertainment Ideas for reception

We're having probably between 40 and 50 people at our wedding and I'm thinking of either doing a DJ or an IPOD, but I don't want the entire reception only focused on dancing.  My FI and I were discussing other fun things to do for entertainment at the reception to keep the older generation interested, since most of the people will be the aunts, uncles, and grandparents.  Does anyone know of any fun things they saw or did at a wedding reception?  One idea was to do a "newlywed" type game with my FI and I for everyone to watch.  Anything else?

Thanks!

Re: Entertainment Ideas for reception

• Options
    You don't need to have any organized activities.  People will chat, mingle, eat - it will be fine.  Some people put out games or madlibs or trivia, but please don't have anything organized.
  • Options
    I aree with the pp, I would not do any organized games.  I know most of my family would not appreciate it.  While your wedding is not a reunion, most people in my family only see each other a few times a year, so I think they would rather spend it talking hanging out instead of playing an organized game.
    PersonalMilestone Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    I'm in a similar boat!
    I don't really want to have any organized games or anything, I find them generally cheesy (especially for a wedding). But I do want to have little fun things for my guests to do, so I'm considering a few options:
    1) Cigar bar
    2) Wine Tasting (We live in wine country)
    3) Photobooth
    4) Putting (The reception will be at a golf course)

But honestly, I know most people will be more interested in relaxing and talking to each other, so I just want to provide more opportunities of enrichment while they do that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Agree with AmJam, things like photobooths are becoming really popular and guests can pop in and out as they please.  At my friend's wedding, they had a really simple setup with a mac laptop and a regular printer, guests just clicked the camera icon and could print out a pic to go in the guest book.  It was extremely informal, but everyone seemed really excited to play with it.  
  • Options
     Yes, I'm in a similar boat as well. I want a DJ. I want to be introduced into the reception, first dance, father/daughter dance..all of the traditional Dj stuff BUT my fiance sees it as an extra cost and says we dont need it. But I just see the reception being boring without any music. We are having a wedding of about 30 guests, its just strictly family. Does anyone have any ideas on having cheap music?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards