Attire & Accessories Forum

Can I wear white?

I am sure that this question has been asked already but I couldn't see it on the board. This will be my second marriage. I would like to wear a white wedding dress. Would that be ok, or too wrong on so many levels?
You know you are truly blessed when you find that one who completes you,makes you totally happy, and feels your pain from the other room. The one you feel lost without, the one that makes you laugh, the one that makes you cry. The one that makes you wonder how you can be so lucky. Congratulations to everyone who has found "the one."

Re: Can I wear white?

• Go for it.  If white's what you want to wear I think it's fine.  
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited August 2010
    I think this rule has kinda went out the door. I say go for it. I have known plenty of people who have worn white dresses for their second wedding. I don't really think the whole white=virgin applies much anymore regardless if it is a first or second wedding.
  • absolutely you can. it's your wedding you can wear whatever you want.
  • There aren't any rules about dresses. Or veils, shoes, garters, jewelry, whatever. Wear what YOU want to wear.
  • This was my third, and DH's second and I wore white.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Go for it! I've seen several second time brides wear white, it's your wedding day!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_can-wear-white-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:85c2c9ab-2cfc-4f16-8564-3cbe5e313800Post:0e2f496b-2f6d-43d5-89b0-d69c597e453d">Re: Can I wear white?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Of course you can wear white.  The only rule about second weddings is that you shouldn't wear a blusher veil that covers your face.  Everything else is OK.
    Posted by CMGr[/QUOTE]
    Yup.  There's really no "white equals virgin, off-white equals dirty whore" rule anymore.  It's now "some shade of white equals bride."  If you want to wear white, go for it.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Agreed with the above, there really aren't rules anymore about whiteness/purity. Wear white! My mom's first wedding she wore a black minidress (it was the 60s), and her second wedding was much more traditional. She wore white and no one cared.
    engagementWedding Countdown Ticker
  • My step-sis wore white the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd time.  The dress just got simpler each time, though that was at least partly the evolution of fashion and her taste.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • White does not and has never=virgin, or first wedding. There may be a few older ladies who get huffy about it, but they're the exact same people who would get huffy if you decided to wear any other color to your own wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards