Michigan-Northern
Options

wedding planners on Mackinac Island?

Hi all,  I was wondering if any of you have some advice about booking a wedding planner for a wedding on Mackinac Island.  I'll be planning the wedding long distance and wanted to know if there are any particularly good people to go with and what their prices are like.  The only one I've spoken with is Carole at For the Love of Mackinac.  Any information is appreciated :)

Re: wedding planners on Mackinac Island?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you know where you'd like to be married, there's should be something there that can coordinate a lot for you. I know both Mission Point Resort and the Grand Hotel have someone.

We honeymooned at the Grand, so I may be a little biased, but it was a-maz-ing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married up there this October, and live in Atlanta, and we are not using a wedding planner. It's really not that hard, especially since there are limited choices for everything up there. Most venues will give you a preferred vendor list to start from. Also, since all the vendors up there do so many weddings every summer - you don't have to deal with as much coordination since venues and vendors are so used to working with each other.

Mission Point does a lot of the coordination for you, and at the grand they require you to use a lot of their in house vendors (cake, flowers, etc).

Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards