Attire & Accessories Forum

Is renting a wedding gown bad?

I've been looking at many wedding gown websites, & their dresses are just lovely! BUT, my fiance and me are getting married in just a little less than 2 weeks..it was an unplanned wedding, till now! & I'm scared that I won't find THE PERFECT dress, but I'm unsure of the dresses I have looked at. Just recently my friend told me about a store they have in Las Vegas, it's called "Renta-Dress & Tux Shop" have any of you shopped there? Well I went on their website, but since there are no prices I decided to call in, the woman who I spoke with was so helpful, and told me a little about the store. I'm going to drop by in the store on Wednesday, just to see if I like anything, if not that way I can keep looking since I only have a little bit of days left. .it's also cheaper than most gowns, most dresses are around $500 to rent, and to buy it would probably be a little below 1000, not bad right? Do you guys think it's bad to rent the gown? I mean I'm only going to wear it once..the pictures will be enough memory of it right? Ahh! I'm confused, idkay what to do :(

Re: Is renting a wedding gown bad?

• you can rent a wedding dress if the time is limited
  • I would also try Davids Bridal...you can try them on and walk out the store with your dress..also they always have sales..like the $99 sale..I got my dress for $199...their always having sales and even even when not on sale..their prices are really reasonable..

Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • Yeah. Try DB, because you can probably get a great deal on one. But it you want to rent it, go for it. I wish I could find something like that around where I live. I mean my dress was cheap, but I have no idea what I'm going to do with it after. So renting is totally fine, IMO.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development
  • Nothing wrong with renting!  Guys rent their tuxes - so why not?
  • Personally I woun't spend $500 to rent a gown when you can buy one for cheaper at DB or a department store.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Of course not! BUt like PP said also try looking at some stores. You might be able to find a sample dress for sale (depending on budget too). Or a simple white gown from a department store.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • It's not bad persay, but if it's going to cost you $500 to rent anyways I feel like you could probably buy an actual dress for that price.  I was surprised when I started shopping becuase a lot of them aren't that expensive.

You'll need to shop off the rack, but that just means the dresses will likely be even cheaper.  And don't forget, if you're not the sentimental type you can always try selling your dress afterwards to recoup some of the money you spent on it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards