Wedding Party

WPBP of the day

If you went back to school, what would it be for? 

Were you a good student in middle school?

In high school, did you ever get elected into a royal court?

Have you been to any school reunions? If so, how were they?
Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
My Planning Bio
My Married Bio updated March 4

Re: WPBP of the day

• stina93446stina93446 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2010
    If you went back to school, what would it be for? I think at this point, I may go to school for event planning or teaching. Both ideas are in my mind as of now. 

Were you a good student in middle school? I was pretty good, but my hormones were trying to take over. So.....I was already spending more time thinking about boys. Sigh, I wish I had paid more attention in class. I was a B student when I know that I was capable of a A.

In high school, did you ever get elected into a royal court? No way. I was in the dork band group.

Have you been to any school reunions? If so, how were they?Not yet. I think the first one for me will be my husband's. Mine will be in 2013. Should be interesting if we decide to go.

My Planning Bio
  • If you went back to school, what would it be for? 
    Non-Profit MBA
    Yes, 4.0 (on a 4.0 scale) from kindergarten through college
    See previous answer, which made this unlikely. So no.

5 year was fun but not well attended. 10 year was way more fun, better attended, and I drank way too much, which made it even more fun. Im kinda looking forward to 15, as I am the last of my group to get married, and I kinda want to show him off!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • If you went back to school, what would it be for?  I get free tuition through work, so I'm considering looking at the online programs for next fall (once the wedding is out of the way).  Probably for business, or some sort of writing program.  I could probably have a decent shot at the film school, but that wouldn't work so well with the full-time job. 

Were you a good student in middle school?  The best.  Straight As.

In high school, did you ever get elected into a royal court?  HA!  Hahahahahaha...  Whew... *wipes away a tear*

Have you been to any school reunions? If so, how were they?  If there was a 5 year one, I didn't hear about it.  We'll see if I do the 10 year, FI skipped his.  Honestly, the popular kids all still live within about five miles of the school and will spend the rest of their lives reliving their high school greatness.  A reunion seems sort of redundant.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • If you went back to school, what would it be for? Probably an MBA

Were you a good student in middle school? Yes

In high school, did you ever get elected into a royal court? We didn't have them (tiny all girls school)

Have you been to any school reunions? If so, how were they? Sort of...I was in Chile for our 5 year, but they did young alum Christmas parties for our first year or two out of high school, and I went to those. They were fun. Since my school was so small, I knew everyone, and it was nice to see people I hadn't kept in touch with.
  • Stina, are the event planning degrees actually worth it?  I keep seeing ads for them in my Facebook sidebar.  I'm very strongly considering getting into the business, but I'm not sure if it would be worth the time or the money.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • I would want to take business classes. I would feel more comfortable if I took some event planning classes. I don't need to get a degree in it though. But I'd feel more confident to brides if I said that I took some classes instead of saying that I spent all day on the knot....yeah, as good as this is, I'm not sure they would see it as training.
    My Planning Bio
  • I don't know why my answers at the top are all crunched.
    My Planning Bio
  • If you went back to school, what would it be for? I'm done with school after this year.  FOREVER.  But, in this hypothetical situation, I'd get an MBA.

Were you a good student in middle school? Yeah.

In high school, did you ever get elected into a royal court? We didn't have any of that (prom king, prom queen, etc) in high school

Have you been to any school reunions? If so, how were they? Yes.  I went to my ten year high school and my five year college.  I'll go back to college reunions over the year in a heart beat.  But, high school?  We have parted ways.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-93?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:c1fa281a-5cc1-4848-9d5b-7ecd85fce0f7Post:be31568c-5fa6-4fec-a496-35fdf837fa98">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]  Honestly, the popular kids all still live within about five miles of the school and will spend the rest of their lives reliving their high school greatness.  A reunion seems sort of redundant.
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

This is exactly how my high school is.  I rolled my eyes a lot at my ten year reunion.  Then saw a girl get so ridiculously drunk that she fell over on a table.  Um, really?  I'm so glad I peaked socially after high school.
  • Most of the people from my school didn't leave the city. 
    My Planning Bio
  • Aerin,
    All of our popular kids still live in the same small town too, but the band geeks and other smarty pants that I hung out with all left. Not many came to the 5 year, but all 8 of our valedictorians (yes, 8) showed up to the 10 year, and it was great to see them and catch up. Now that we have FB, its a lot easier to keep up with people, though.

Oh, and our tuition is free too! Its awesome working for a university. However, we are just starting our MBA program in the Fall, and its not the specialization I was looking for.
  • If you went back to school, what would it be for?  I did go back (after taking a year off) for law school.  One more year to go!

Were you a good student in middle school?  I didn't do "middle school" but I believe that's grades 6-8?  If so, yes.

In high school, did you ever get elected into a royal court?  We didn't have that.  I assume it's an American thing.

Have you been to any school reunions? If so, how were they?  We haven't had any.  I don't know if there will be, but I would definitely go.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Back to School? I'm looking into that actually. I would go back to school for Forensics. That was orginally my major and I loved it but I was paying for school myself and needed to go to TN which was really expensive. I let the cost scare me away and went in-state for Business. Huge mistake! Also thinking about paralegal. For all the law students...would you suggest that?

Middle School? I was blessed with the ability to listen/take notes and get by on that. I made a B average by not reading the text books.

High School? I went to a really rich high school (I was not). I was made fun of a lot and looked down on. I was never elected to anything!

Reunions? I haven't been to one but now there is FB so everyone keeps in touch that way. I see a few people around our downtown area every now and then. Its funny that the people that were the prettiest or most popular got fat and still live with mom because they're lazy.
    Anniversary
  • If you went back to school, what would it be for? I've thought about getting a doctorate in education, but I haven't really looked into it.  I wouldn't go back to school until FI finishes med school. 

Were you a good student in middle school? straight A's

In high school, did you ever get elected into a royal court? haha.  nope

Have you been to any school reunions? If so, how were they? no, but I went to college homecoming once and went to some of the recent grad events. 
  • If you went back to school, what would it be for? MA in History or English.

Were you a good student in middle school? No.  That was due to depression from being harassed.  I just didn't care.  I did better in high school.

In high school, did you ever get elected into a royal court? I went to an all-girls Catholic school, and we didn't have court.

Have you been to any school reunions? If so, how were they? Not yet.  My 10-year high school is coming up next year though *cringes* so I might.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• edited March 2010
    If you went back to school, what would it be for?
    I hope to be finished for good this semester.  If I went back I would want to go to med school, which was the original plan.  I didn't want to be in school/residency for the rest of my life so I found something else I liked just as much.  Realistically, based on length of the degree, courses I took and my grades it would be for something else in the medical field instead.

I think so.

No, and it definitely woudln't have been my thing.

I went to my 5 year for high school at the last minute because a friend decided we should go.  It was in the kind of trashy little bar behind a decent adjoining restaurant & bar.  It was okay.
    I'm still in school.  Give me a few years and maybe I'll have another career I'd like to try out. 

Yep.  Right up until high school :)

Yes, I was for prom and homecoming.  

Our ten year high school was held a week after we got back from our honeymoon.  We had just flown back home for the wedding, flew to Hawaii for the honeymoon, I wasn't about to fly back to Florida for the reunion.  Three flights in one month was a bit much.

Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Why are my words all bunched up too?
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • If you went back to school, what would it be for?  I'd probably pick up the art major that I dropped for lack of class space.  My painting professors were devastated when I dropped that in favor of a politics major.

Were you a good student in middle school? God, yeah.  Teacher's pet & straight As, but with a crush on the class clown, of course.

In high school, did you ever get elected into a royal court? We didn't have a royal court.  No homecoming queen, no prom queen or king.  Watching teen movies, I always wondered if there were high schools that really did the whole frou frou thing.

Have you been to any school reunions? Oh, yeah - high school 10 & 20, college 5, 10, 15, law school 5, 10... 15 is coming up this summer.

If so, how were they? I hate 'em.  No, just kidding obviously, since I've been to SEVEN of them!  I loved the high school reunions best, college was fun but I see those friends at least 2x/year anyway, law school is very sedate and businessy, but not bad.  It's not much different from the bar association dinners I go to.
    Stina: I am an event planner- don't do it right now with the economy.
    Master's in Mathematics

Yes

We didn't have a royal court

We were told we weren't allowed to have any
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-93?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:c1fa281a-5cc1-4848-9d5b-7ecd85fce0f7Post:5a977d8f-5fe8-4908-850a-1c69918d3065">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you been to any school reunions? If so, how were they? We were told we weren't allowed to have any
    Posted by JenPhil6212[/QUOTE]

How can they control this? You just contact everyone in your class and all get together somewhere, the school isn't involved. Also, why would they say that?
  • If you went back to school, what would it be for?  Interior Design.

Were you a good student in middle school?  Yup.

In high school, did you ever get elected into a royal court?  No.

Have you been to any school reunions? If so, how were they?  No, I actually skipped my 10 year HS reunion (that was back in 2006 -eek!) From what I heard, I didn't miss too much!  I actually keep in touch with a good deal of people from my graduating class via FB now.
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • I always knew the WP ladies were intelligent, but this poll kinda proves it. No wonder we stick together so well!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-93?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:c1fa281a-5cc1-4848-9d5b-7ecd85fce0f7Post:5a977d8f-5fe8-4908-850a-1c69918d3065">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you been to any school reunions? If so, how were they? We were told we weren't allowed to have any
    Posted by JenPhil6212[/QUOTE]
    Why on earth?
  • If you went back to school, what would it be for? I have plans to go back either spring or fall of next year (depending on when crazy ol' life will let me) for my Masters in social work.  

Were you a good student in middle school? I went to Jr. High...no middle school for me! I couldn't stand school, but I had really good grades.

In high school, did you ever get elected into a royal court? Nope, not me. I was too cool to care about that stuff man. (also known as not cool at all)

Have you been to any school reunions? If so, how were they? I haven't. I was going to go to my five year in 2009 with one of my friends that I still keep in touch with, but we decided to wait until the 10 year for the better gossip potential.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • If you went back to school, what would it be for? I am in the process of trying to finish my degree in Pastry Arts...to MyNameIsNot, while I LOVE to cook and bake, I wish I hadn't gone, really...I owe thousands in student loans that I can't pay because I can't find a job...
    Were you a good student in middle school? I wasn't really a good student from the time I hit 3rd grade...not because I wasn't smart, I just didn't care...
    In high school, did you ever get elected into a royal court? Hahahaha no...I was a band geek...
    Have you been to any school reunions? If so, how were they? Yeah, I went to my 5-year and it was ok (the appeal was that it was at Dave n Busters) and just went to my 10-year last Thanksgiving weekend...wasn't as awesome as I'd hoped, but I saw people I hadn't seen in a while...although it was kind of weird, because I graduated with my FI's sister, so they were both there (I took him, obviously...)
  • Oooh a Dave and Busters reunion WOULD be fun! 

My Planning Bio
  • If you went back to school, what would it be for? Probably English ... more down the writing/editing track ... I think I'd make a damn good editor, lol

Were you a good student in middle school?  Yes and no ... I got average grades ... I would have been an honor roll student if I bothered with homework.

In high school, did you ever get elected into a royal court? Oh God, no ... although my Jr. year, a very "unfortunate"-looking girl did get nominated into prom court as a joke. I went to school with @$$ holes

Have you been to any school reunions? If so, how were they? Haven't had one yet ... both of our 10 year's are in 2 years, we're probably going to go to mine, but we already decided we're not going to his.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-93?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:c1fa281a-5cc1-4848-9d5b-7ecd85fce0f7Post:1f6a18bb-c08f-47e3-8f2e-9982bd2cb521">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you went back to school, what would it be for? I am in the process of trying to finish my degree in Pastry Arts...to MyNameIsNot, while I LOVE to cook and bake, I wish I hadn't gone, really...I owe thousands in student loans that I can't pay because I can't find a job... 
    Posted by jaimed99[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm having the same problem post law school...  </div><div>
    </div><div>My theory was that after I pay off these loans, I could earn enough so that I could culinary with cash, like in my 50's.  We'll see.  </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards