New Jersey - South
Options

Ordering from a small Bridal Shop (Aimee Michelle)

Hi Everyone,

In my dress search I absolutely fell in love with a Maggie Sottero wedding dress from Aimee Michelle Bridal in Cherry Hill NJ. I read the yelp reviews and I am REALLY leary about ordering my dress from them. I found a dress I really like at Davids Bridal where I had much better customer service and a much better overall experience but it just wasn't it.

Has anyone here ordered from Aimee Michelle and had a good experience? A lot of the issues I've read about are issues after ordering with alterations/claiming the brides ordered the wrong size and accuse them of not ordering properly. Anyways - I'm just really scared to order my dress from there.

With that in mind? Has anyone used an amazing seamstress that specializes in wedding alterations?

Thanks in advance for any help. I've been stressing about this.

Re: Ordering from a small Bridal Shop (Aimee Michelle)

• Options
    You should be able to order that Maggie gown from any authorized retailer.  I just did a quick search on Maggie's website and in addition to Aimee Michelle Bridal, there was Irma's Bridal in Cherry Hill, Angel Bridal in Haddonfield, and Kay's Bridal in Marlton. 

I once purchased a BM dress from Angel bridal, but it cost more there than what the website recommended for the price.  The rents are very high in Haddonfield, so that gets passed on to you. 

So I would look for the reviews for Kays and Irmas.  If you have the dress style number/name, you should be able to just call them up and ask if they carry your dress.  In general, alterations are very expensive when you use the seamstresses at the bridal salon.  I would use an outside seamstress.  But if you are worried about the size of the dress being ordered too small, I would try a different salon. 
  • Options
    I purchased my dress from Aimee Michelle and had their seamstress do my alterations with no issues. That was for my wedding in 2008, but it's family owned and I doubt much has changed. I thought they were great to work with and my bridesmaids all purchased their dresses from Aimee Michelle's also.

My husband and his groomsmen rented their tuxes from the adjoining shop and everything went smoothly so I doubt you'll have any issues.

My dress arrived much earlier than they quoted me which was also a plus. I opted to take it home and store it there until my fitting. Sorry the reviews have you worried but I wasn't a fan of Irma's Bridal even though so many people loved it. If you have a good impression of a shop with no negative feelings, then trust your instincts.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards