Wisconsin

Milwaukee Reception Options

Hello-I'm back on here because the receptions we looked into didn't fit our needs.  We are having our ceremony at the Pabst Mansion and are still looking for reception spots in Milwaukee.  We are on a tight budget of $8,000 (we prefer not to spend that much even) and having 100 guests.  Any ideas that would help us??Thanks so much!!!Mara

Re: Milwaukee Reception Options

• edited December 2011
    Joey Buona's!!  We are having our ceremony at Pabst Mansion too and were having a hard time finding a reception spot.  We didn't end up going with Joey's because they were already booked, but I have heard many good things about them!  We are using them as our rehearsal dinner spot though.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I did look into Joey's a great place but not fit for pricing..Thanks for the offer!!!!! Has anyone heard any good/bad news about Hotel Metro in Milwaukee?
  • edited December 2011
    try wauwatosa womens club on 76th street
  • edited December 2011
    I booked my reception at Hotel Metro!  I booked the 7th floor space though, because we are having 50 people at our wedding.  I did look at their ballroom, and it is very unique!  The event coordinator, Tessa, is very nice and helpful.  She has always been very prompt and answered all my questions too!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks JCrew!!! That helps a lot with the information you've given me for Metro Hotel!
  • edited December 2011
    You're welcome!  Let me know if you want to know anything else too!  It looks like we like similar things :)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding at Metro in their ballroom. They had 100 guests and it was so cramped. Once people sat down to eat there was no getting up to go to the bar or bathroom.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding at Metro, and while I adored the breadsticks, I thought the salmon was overcooked.  When is your wedding?  If you're willing to go off-season, you can save a ton.  We had our reception at Lakefront Brewery with a food & drink minimu of $5,000 from January to March.  South Shore Park Pavilion is part of the Milwaukee County Park system and lets you bring in your own caterer. The Ambassador Hotel is close to the Pabst, but I don't know what their events are like.  That area of town is a little rough, but if they have valet parking, I wouldn't be worried.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with the previous poster's options.  I've stayed at the Ambassador before, and it's really a great hotel, but I've never been there for a wedding.  I think it's worth checking out.  And they don't have valet parking but a parking lot in the back of the hotel.
    Good Luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    What about something like Turner's?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    If you are going off-season... we are at Renaissance Place in March  The price does not include catering thogh, just site and beverage (alcohol) minimum. 
    Thanks to JCrew for The Metro, and the person who mentioned Lakefront Brewery.  These are two locations I am considering for rehersal dinner, so that was helpful.
    I still can't bring myself to connect "War" Memorial and "building" a lifetime with a wedding, but I hear great things about it and the prices seemed reasonable. What if you think "out of the box"? Something unusual might have a much lower price tag.
    Congratulations!-L. J.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards