New Jersey
Options

*felicia* (any other Vegas veterans)

Hey girlie! Hope all is well.

So we're planning a trip to Vegas this summer, and of course I know you are the veteran for there. What would you recommend to do? What hotel? (It's a trip with the ILs, all of them, so FIL is paying for rooms... not looking for cheap, but I guess not ridiculous either. BIL is supposed to pick the hotel, but he asked me for help). We'll be there probably 3 nights. I have no idea where to even begin!
*~allie~*

Re: *felicia* (any other Vegas veterans)

• Options
    felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hope all is well with you too.  I was actually just out there at the beginning of the month, haha.

I always recommend the Bellagio and depending on when you go this summer you can get rooms for a decent price.  Also look into the Venetian (which is beautiful) and I have heard that Caesar's is nice. I would stay away from: New York New York (very smoky), Excalibur, and Luxor.  There is also a new hotel next to Bellagio called Aria, but I have heard mixed things about it so I am not sure. 

As far as what to do, it is basically whatever you guys like.  I recommend seeing a cirque du soleil, there are 6 or 7 different ones. If you are looking for places to shop, there a mall called The Miracle Mile in Planet Hollywood and High End (such as Chanel and Gucci) stores in Bellagio.  There are tons of comedies out there as well as singers.  Honestly, when your in Vegas the sky is the limit.  Think of something you have always wanted to see and you will probably find it there.  

I hope this helps, if you have any other questions let me know.  Its hard to cram everything about Vegas in one post.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thank you dear!
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    no problem, let me know what you end up booking, just because I am that nosy and you never know, I may be there.....hehe
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to Vegas twice and stayed at the Wynn twice.  I love that hotel.  It is on the end of the strip, but is a really nice hotel with a good crowd (not the coke-fueled all-day pool party scene, but not filled with senior citizens either).  

I've also heard good things about the Venetian and the Palazzo, but friends who have stayed at those and the Wynn recommended the Wynn to me.  

Vegas hotels are really suffering right now so you can probably stay somewhere really nice inexpensively.

Part of me wants to look into the Cosmopolitan next time I'm there because I love the restaurants that are opening outposts there (although part of me wonders why I get excited about Vegas locations of restaurants in my neighborhood...)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good call Uppereast, the Wynn is a good one as well.  I can't believe I forgot about Wynn.
  • Options
    Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Definitely see one of the Cirque shows. We saw LOVE. I want to see "O"...I hear it was amazing. The Mexican restaurant in Treasure Island is very good. We also ate at the Stratosphere. It was pricey, but the amazing view was totally worth it!
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I stayed at Mandalay Bay & it was a really nice hotel. It was not smoky like many others & their wave pool was awesome. The spa there is divine (so if you don't stay def. go to the spa!) The down side is it's REALLY far from the strip -- you would have to cross the street & take the tram from MGM down to the strip OR take a Taxi. Also, we had fun going to the top of the Eiffel Tower & watching the sunset as the water show went on at the Bellagio across the street.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    TaraK22TaraK22 member
    edited December 2011
    I've been to Vegas a bunch of times too...and figured I'd offer a few suggestions :) The Venetian is an absolutely gorgeous hotel, and their rooms are the same prices as the other higher end hotels, but ALL of their rooms are suites, so they are bigger obviously and you can easily sleep more people. Their newer tower, Palazzo, is even nicer. I highly recommend a Cirque show as well. Love, Ka, O...all fantatstic.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards