Illinois-Chicago
Options

XP: Thanksgiving Dinner locations?

I posted a version of this on the November 2010 board just to see if there were any other November 26 brides......

So I'm getting married the day after Thanksgiving (Black Friday)..Yay!  However, I don't feel comfortable having the rehearsal and a dinner the day before (Thanksgiving) because some of my BP are local and have families in town that they will want to spend their day with. 

Of course I could have it on Wednesday, but some of the BP won't be in town yet.  On top of that, I'm trying to work out a way to have a Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday for our families (all of our families will be in from OOT) so instead of trying to worry about THREE dinners (rehearsal, Thanksgiving AND the wedding...FI and I are paying for everything ourselves BTW), we decided to have our rehearsal Friday morning so we eliminate the expense of one dinner.

My question is, what are your recommendations for Thanksgiving dinner locations?  FI and I will probably be paying for most of this too....which is fine....I just don't want to break the bank with this, you know?  Our apartment isn't really an option because it's a little small and really, do I want to have a large dinner at my place the day before my wedding?  Probably not.  Our complex doesn't have a community room we can rent out that has enough room for seating either.

As I said, none of my family lives in Chicago and I don't feel comfortable imposing on my friends.  I'm looking at 20 - 30 OOT family members.

Thank you in advance!

Re: XP: Thanksgiving Dinner locations?

• Options
    Sparkette19Sparkette19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I think having the rehearsal on TG late morning might be a decent option. Rehearsals usually take about an hour and then everyone is free to go on their way. That leaves you without having to pay for a RD. Some might think that this is not a very good suggestion, but given your wedding date and OOT there might not be too many options. This wil save you money that you can put towards TG dinner at a restaurant.

As far as a place to have TG dinner, I'm not sure. My first thought was to have an open house type event at a parents house. It doesn't have to be formal, but it depends on if that would be an option for you.

Do you think that you could be biting off more than you can chew by having a hosting a holiday meal and then having your wedding the next day? It just seems a very overwhelming. Just something to think about.

When you're born in Chicago you're blessed and you're healed the first time you walk into Wrigley Field. My Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No, I agree with you that I DON'T want to have it at my house.  Like I said in my previous post, all of our families are from OOT---including our parents.  So it's probably going to have to be at a restaurant, but I didn't know if anyone had any suggestions of a good place to have TG dinner that wasn't over the top expensive.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards