Texas-San Antonio

Caterer Experiences

I guess this post is more for brides who have already had their receptions, or for people who have been to receptions and have actual experiences to share.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any personal experiences with any caterers (at the actual dinner.) I've been to tastings at a couple catering companies around town, but I'm wondering how their service and food rank for an actual event. I'm really interested in Heavenly Gourmet, Absolutely Delicious, and a few others that are with-in our budget, but I would love to hear about other companies if their service and food were awesome or worth avoiding.

Thanks for your help! :)

Re: Caterer Experiences

• TTiger03TTiger03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been to a sit down with Absolutely Delicious but they do a lot of the catering where I work.  I have been to lots of events where they had stations (carving and self serve appetizer stuff).  The staff is always very polite and helpful and the food is wonderful.

I'm sure this would translate into their plated dinner as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Feedback Catering is great, I've had the chance to taste the food at their events and everyone always raves. They are a smaller company, which means lower prices and more personalized service. I got to try the lasagna at an italian themed event and it was to die for.

• intendtomarryintendtomarry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Was at a wedding with heavenly gourmet and the service was not very good, most of the servers looked like high schoolers, it was kinda bothersome as it really down graded the food, which even that tasted like nursing home stuff, I wasn't impressed
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a sampling at Heavenly Gourmet.  The food was really good, I wonder if the sampling and actual food can vary that much?  Frown
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I also went to a tasting with heavenly gourmet and thought it was really good.
  • DeadUtopiaDeadUtopia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I spoke to my DJ about Heavenly Gourmet and he said that he's worked events that they've catered before. He said that they have good food, but that they do about 300 weddings a year and with that amount of jobs, they're bound to get a bad review here and there. I've started speaking to Spice of Life catering and they consistently get great reviews online. Even my Dj said they are very good and that they don't do as many events so you get more focus, so once I work the menus around to see if it'll fit my budget, I plan on having a tasting with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards