Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Not alot of money for honeymoon.. options?

My FH and I decided we wanted a big wedding. Our parents are paying for the big day, so im not expecting them to pay for us a honeymoon. We may have a little saved up by November, but not alot. What are some fun but cheaper things to do for a special night or getaway? We've even considered taking a trip to a few towns in Texas like Marshall, Tx where they have a big christmas light show since our wedding is at the end of November. What are some other cool places or some other things to do? :)

Re: Not alot of money for honeymoon.. options?

• edited August 2012
    My FH and I decided we wanted a big wedding. Our parents are paying for the big day, so im not expecting them to pay for us a honeymoon. We may have a little saved up by November, but not alot. What are some fun but cheaper things to do for a special night or getaway? We've even considered taking a trip to a few towns in Texas like Marshall, Tx where they have a big christmas light show since our wedding is at the end of November. What are some other cool places or some other things to do? :)
  • edited August 2012
    What about a bed and breakfast?

For example

http://www.innaboveonioncreek.com/
  • edited August 2012
    You may want to post this on your local board if you're looking for places to go in Texas.  What about San Antonio or Corpus Christi?
  • Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012
    What about a road trip across Tx?
  • DeannaCWDeannaCW member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012

Check out Groupon getaways. I've been browsing there (not sure if we can afford HM at all at this point), and they have some very cheap options that I certainly wouldn't have thought of

• edited August 2012
    You should check out a cruise. There are several cruises that leave out of Galveston that are around $200-$300 per person. You might have to wait a couple days to get on it but it would be a nice break from Texas.

• I may go to Rockwall TX, they have nice hotels on the lake.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2012

I live near Rockwall--they only really have a Hilton but it is nice and right on the lake next to a big complex of restaurants and a movie theater.  Has a nice bar too.

Some suggetions:  San Antonio Riverwalk, Fredricksburg B&B, Hot Springs, AK, Las Vegas

You could always just do a little weekend after the wedding and then save for a bigger HM later on.  Just getting away and lounging at a hotel pool, getting a massage, and having a nice dinner can be really fun without costing a ton of money.

• I love going to San Antonio and the Riverwalk will be decorated for Christmas.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Stephiehall's suggestions were right in line with mine.  We wanted to save for a bigger trip a few years down the road, so we spent 2 days at the Four Seasons in Irving to just unplug and unwind.  We are also going to San Antonio and Austin in a few weeks for a fun little trip and then hopefully Fredericksburg in the fall or early spring so we can go hiking and such.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I was thinking about doing beavers bend for a weekend . get a cabin that has a hot tub and fireplace and just relax.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We stayed at the Cotton Gin Lodge in Fredericksburg and did winery tours. Definitely recommend!
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards