Rhode Island

Photographer

Hi ladies...I'm having a VERY hard time picking a photographer!! I'm looking for one that looks outside the box and is creative. One that captures the romance and has an artistic edge, using props, lighting...whatever it takes to get "the shot". I hate the traditional line ups...any suggestions???

Re: Photographer

• Love your photography criteria.  What's your budget for photography?
  • Well I don't really have a set budget, but would like to stay between $2-$4,000.
  • The ladies on here will have lots of recommendations.  I found it best to poke through the photographers blogs/websites/facebook to see if the style was what we were looking for and then set up meetings.   There are so many great photographers out there, it really came down to personality for us and who we clicked with.  weddingwire is also a great resource

We met with Studio 1923 (CT based and awesome), Kevin Trimmer (really liked his personality), Sara Zarrella (did not click with), and ultimately we picked Zenobia Studios.  I can't recommend Zenobia enough, they are a great studio that is creative and offers a lot.  Our primary photographer is Jen however I have worked with Kendall and wouldn't hesitate to recommend her.  It truly came down to personality and location for us, I wanted someone that would be local to take photos in the years to come.  GL with your search, this board is an amazing resource!
  • I'm going with DB Photography. Their pricing is well within your budget and will work with you on creating a custom package to fit your needs. I met with David, three owner who wasn't available for my date, and Ernie, who will be my photographer, and I cannot say enough good things about both of them! I was also looking for a little more of an artsy photographer, who was within my $2k budget. And they fit perfectly. Their website has literally thousands of photos in their gallery. You can see a variety of weddings from start to finish...not just the best shots like most photographers. Also check out Dana Pierce Photography, he wasn't available for my date, but I loved his work and felt that I would have really clicked with his personality. Good luck!!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • It sounds like you might be a good fit with our photographer, MemoriesRI. Chris definately has more of a modern type style, definately not really traditional in my opinion. Also, the packages are really good because you get alot: all day coverage, 2 photogs, e-session, rights to the pictures. Two of the packages come with albums as well I believe.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am using Nicole Gesmondi. She photographed my brother's wedding and did an unbelievable job a getting our not-so-photogenic family to come alive in the pictures. She listens to exactly what you want, manages the "amateur" photographers that every family has, and takes beautiful shots that are creative and artistic. She even went as far as lying on the ground to get a gorgeous picture of husband and wife kissing. Simply stunning, cannot say enough about her.
  • McRogolMcRogol member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    Olivia Gird! As a photog myself, I am going with her!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards