Favors

This or that?

Before you vote, check out the links below. I love the bottle opener but don't know if its a complete crowd pleaser. Cookies are always nice but will it stress me out the week of the wedding to make almost 200 cookies? What do you ladies think?

Starfish bottle opener:  http://www.wrapwithus.com/Products/Starfish-design-bottle-opener-favors__4870-FC.aspx

Or cookies in this shape: http://www.karenscookies.net/Starfish-Cookie-Cutter_p_1054.html

Thanks! Laughing
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: This or that?

• edited December 2011
    Well, I think the star fish bottle opener is cute, and I would probably take it.  It's not engraved with your names or anything, and it's not like it would need to match any other bottle openers I have.

As for the cookies, that's really up to you.  If you think you will have enough time to make them and package them, then go for it, but I don't think the bottle opener is a bad idea.
  • Kate61487Kate61487 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I agree with frogurt.  I like them both, but if it were me I wouldn't want to bake 200 cookies right before the wedding (especially stressing out about burning any of them!)
  • edited December 2011
    Why not order cookies in the shape of a starfish instead of having to bake all of them? Or can you enlist the help of a friend or family member so you don't have to take it all on yourself. Edible favors are always better. Although, I would probably take the bottle opener, too.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input ladies! <3
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know I'm late on this but wanted to add in.  My shower favor was homemade cut-out cookies in the shape of a wedding cake.  My MOH was my aunt and she and my mom made them all.  They baked them a few weeks before the shower and froze them.  As long as they are packaged well they can be made ahead and kept in the freezer.  The decorating part is easy usually, and the icing keeps the moisture in, so you could still do them several days before the wedding.  Just wanted to give you those ideas if you were leaning toward the cookies.

Also, you could look into local bakeries near you and see if they would make the cookies for you if you provided the cutout.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards