Retro and Vintage Weddings

Vintage Wedding Rings

Hi all,

I'm new to this board.  And I was wondering... where did you get your wedding bands?  Has anyone used http://www.marleneharriscol.com/?

Thanks!!!
Photobucket

Re: Vintage Wedding Rings

• I've looked through their website before, but I've never purchased anything.  I don't know anything about them as a reputable jeweler or not. 

My wedding band isn't vintage.  I just had it made to fit my vintage ring.  It's a simple rose-gold hammered finish band, and DH is the same. 

Anyway, pleased to meet you.  Please introduce yourselves on the boards, and tell us why you're interested in having a vintage or retro inspired wedding :D
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • I have not heard of that seller before, either. My ring is not vintage, but it kind of looks like it. It is a pave diamond halo with a sapphire center stone, and a matching pave band. Colored stones used to be quite popular waaayyyy back before diamonds became the thing. I like to think it is Victorian =)
    We got FI's band at the Renaissance Festival from an artisan. If you have anything like that available to you, they have some beautiful, unique pieces there. He got exactly what he wanted and we could find it nowhere else: a band of engraved rose gold surrounded by silver. 
    Are you looking for a particular style?
    Photobucket
  • I love vintage jewelry, especially art deco styles.  I'm shooting for an art deco themed wedding.  My engagement ring isn't vintage or antique but my fiance did a good job at picking something new with a vintage flair.  I've been searching online for a wedding band that can compliment it.  I liked some of the stackable rings on the Marlene Harris site but I'm a little unsure about ordering something online. 
    Photobucket
  • I didn't get my ring from there, but I've been looking on that site for years!  I love old rings!
  • My engagement ring is vintage, from the 1940s, and is really lovely in white gold.  Our wedding bands are not vintage, nor do they  match the engagement ring as they are simple milgrain bands in rose gold.  They were made to match our custom wedding crowns (we're Orthodox).  I'm happy with all of it though!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • bellaxanthebellaxanthe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    Mine is a vintage 1910 or so ring that I bought from a local (stillwater MN) antique dealer.  I had the ring almost immediately appraised at a separate dealer only to find out that the quality of stone was awesome (yeah).  Do your research about the dealer.
    I wouldn't myself by online because I really wanted to see the ring in person.  I knew instantly it was the one. If there is a guarantee that you can return it after an appraisal I would be ok with it.
    Also there can be a lot of issues with buying a vintage ring.  I ended up having to incest another $400 in fixing some issues with mine and having it replated before the wedding.  Thoroughly check the prongs and make sire the stones are not loose.  Check for cracks, look for a quality appraisal.  Good luck!
    photo c603d655-594e-44b6-a311-72f04e7a561b_zpscca2447c.jpg My Little Sweetheart Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm not sure where you live, but we found the most amazing vintage/estate rings at a store in Boston. The website is brodney.com. I got a single stone from the 1940's that is breath-taking. The staff was fantastic to work with. 
  • HI again, Brodney (brodney.com) has many bands, but they only have pics of the engagement rings online. If you call and talk to them, they can send you pictures of what they have. I also got my band there. 
  • Thanks to all for your advice and input.  Despite all my searching and research, we ended up putting a deposit on a band that isn't vintage at all.  But my fiance actually picked it out and I love it.  :)
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards