Michigan-Lansing

Board Activity

Hello Lansing Knotties!

Now that gailpete and myself are co-moderating these boards I thought we could use that to start some of the weekly converstaion topics that some other boards have. For example, the Detroit board sometimes has For Sale Wednesday, Wanted Wednesday, Open Letter Friday, AW Thursday, or Tell Us Tuesday etc.

Are there any of these ideas that you would like us to steal or anything else similar you think we should do to conversation flowing here?

Re: Board Activity

• edited December 2011
    I do love that For Sale Wednesday! I also think Tell Us Tuesday and AW Thursday are nice ones, if we want to steal. I also like how the GR board has someone keep a list of the girls, their wedding dates and locations. I think we're small enough where we can do that, and it's nice to congratulate the knotties getting married each weekend!
    ~Bethany My Bio! Visit Lansing.Weddings.com image
    9.10 Siggy Challenge: Fave Pic of FI & I. There are lots, but this one's good! :)image
  • edited December 2011
    I like Phill369's idea. It would be a nice, personal touch that I'm sure a lot of the girls would appreciate. I am excited to see some new things happening for the board :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think anything that would help get to know each other would be very helpful.  I feel like I don't know anyone over here!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree emartson...maybe a post to tell everyone about ourselves should be started. Names, wedding date, what we do for work/school; basically a personal ad :)
    And any other info that people want to know...

Someone did a post like this on the September board and got quite a few responses
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I think it would be nice to somehow have different city days. For instance, I live and am having my wedding in Jackson, and Lansing was the closest board. I sometimes feel out of the loop because it's not actually in Lansing, but would still like to know good vendors and such. Does that make any sense?
    "There are three things that remain - faith, hope, and love - and the greatest of these is love." Corinthians 13:13 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards