Texas-Austin

Justice of the Peace

Hi!

I'm new to the boards but I've been reading through some of the posts and found them very helpful so I thought I would give my question a try...neither my FI and I are religious so I'm at a loss as to who to get to officiate out wedding.  Does anyone have any suggestions for a good Justice of the Peace in Austin?  Or really anyone who can perform a civil ceremony?  Our venue is the Vista on Seward Hill and the wedding is next June.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Justice of the Peace

• may2005may2005 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Elisabeth Earle, (512) 854-9679 at our wedding.  She was great and her staff returned calls in a timely fashion.   I could tell that she enjoys officiating weddings.
  • edited December 2011
    http://www.co.travis.tx.us/justices_of_peace/

Please call the one in your district to ask if they do weddings as we found out, some don't and the ones that do, often will charge an extra fee if they have to travel out of their area.
  • edited December 2011
    We were in the same boat as you and wanted a nice ceremony that wasn't overly religious, although we wanted our marriage to be recognized and performed as a holy union.  You  should meet with Chaplain Larry Todd.  He was perfect and our ceremony went off without  a hitch.  He is also flexible as in how "religious" your ceremony is.  Best part is that he is affordable and the money you pay him is donated to charity.  larrytodd@juno.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards