Wedding Reception Forum

Reception ideas

Hello all!! I'm newly engaged, planning a 2013 september wedding. My fianc and myself are both low maintenance people and enjoy simple things. We are planning a evening wedding with dinner. We don't like to dance, just wandering what else we could do to make reception fun!? Ideas welcome!!!!!

Re: Reception ideas

• You do not need entertainment to make your reception fun for your guests. Just have some great food, great drinks, and some nice background music ( if you decide not to have dancing at all) and your guests will have a great time chatting away. Just remember that if you don't have dancing that your reception will most likely not last as long as the traditional 4-5 hours.

• AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2012
    My husband and I don't dance, either. That was one of the reasons we opted for a morning ceremony-- to lessen the expectation of dancing. We wouldn't have minded if other people danced, but we knew they would then bug US to dance and didn't really want to have to tell our guests to back off. As Maggie said, if you DO do it in the evening, I would expect a shorter reception if there is no dancing. Or you could have dancing and not participate, but for us, we just didn't think our easily irritated selves could handle guests trying to push us to dance! P.S. Just hit post once; it will go eventually! ;)
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards