Indiana
Options

x.Brittany.x

Hi! I just wanted to say that I love the fascinator you made! I'm planning on tackling that this weekend, do you have any instructions that you followed, or did you just wing it? I'd really appreciate any tips you have for supplies, and especially the type of flower you bought, I love the petals!

TIA

Re: x.Brittany.x

• Options
    x.Brittany.xx.Brittany.x member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! Thanks. It was actually super easy and only took about an hour to make. I kind of just winged it but I did some googling of "DIY hair flower" and found some great tutorials. I think in total I spent around $12, using a 50% off coupon. I had alligator clips laying around my house that I used so I didnt have to buy any of those.

I went to Michaels and got a peony (the one with plastic around the flower head, its the best quality), a package of feathers and a package of different sized pearls.

I pulled the flower head off the steam and removed the petals. This may be confusing but inside the flower are little plastic pieces that give it shape. I saved the the bottom circle piece of plastic and one of the little plastic 'prongs'. I also cut down the middle stem part so I had something to add the petals on and the pearls covered up the middle anyway.

After I did that, I started layering the petals until I got the size/shape that I wanted. This was actually the hardest part. I added a few petals to the 'stem', then the plastic prong, then the rest of the petals and then I put on the bottom circle plastic piece. I hot glued that on and used pliers to cut the stem even with the bottom of the flower.

Then I just hot glued some feathers on, made a pool of hot glue in the middle and added my pearls. I used 2 different sizes for that. Glue it to your clip...make sure you keep the alligator clip open or else it glues itself shut. I only say that because I almost didnt realize I had to hold it open until the glue cooled. LOL

I hope that all makes sense. Let me know if you need anymore explanation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards