Virginia
Options

Roanoke Va weddings

I am planning a wedding for June 2011 and I am trying to find a good ceremony and reception site. I love Sundara in Boones Mill but it seems a little pricey compared to some other places. If any of you know of some places around the Roanoke- Franklin county area please tell me what you have seen!

Re: Roanoke Va weddings

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There is a great reception spot in Vinton that lots of brides have talked about. I am totally blanking on the name but am thinking it is called Woodland Place. Lots of people rave about the Vinton War Memorial as well. We are having our reception at the Salem Civic Center. They are so reasonable in price and Salem Catering has a great reputation. We are having it in the community room, which is a ballroom. The knocked off the entire price of the room 650-750, because we booked 100 people minimum for the dinner buffet we are having. I think it is beautiful. Other places to consider are the ballroom at Roanoke College or at one of the hotels near the mall like Holiday Inn. Oh, I also know lots of people who rave about Mariner's Landing on Smith Mountain Lake. Good luck!
  • Options
    zaneopalzaneopal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe you already looked at this, but the Hotel Roanoke?

There's also the new Taubman Museum of Art (that new museum on Salem with the crazy architecture--could make for some epic photos!)

Like how PP suggested Roanoke College's chapel, there's some really nice places on the Hollins Campus as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A brand new space on Bent Mountain in Roanoke is Silver Hearth Lodge:
    Please tell Bob, Stephanie from Diamond Events sent you his way :)
  • Options
    greeneyes10greeneyes10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely look everywhere everyone else has said. Also look up The Kyle House...it's in Fincastle and beautiful, we were just there for a tasting with our caterer. We're doing our reception at Bernard's Landing on SML (we really wanted Mariner's but had an extremely hard time getting someone to call us back). 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    are there any vineyards near by? there are some awesome weddings
    held at va vineyards and reasonably priced.

best wishes!
    robbiehickman.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011

There is a vineyard called Valhalla on top of Sugar Loaf Mountain in Roanoke county that has an awesome view of the valley.  They do weddings there.

• Options
    kristid2kristid2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having mine at the roanoke country club. beautiful facility/grounds. you can rent the entire place or just specific areas (ballroom/terrace/grounds/restaurant)  Jessa the event coordinator is extremly helpful and accomodating. you tell her what you want/how much you want to pay and she will make it happen. side note, the chef's displays are truly a work of art.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Whew! I'm in Roanoke as well, starting my search for November 2011. I've got a couple of different places not yet suggested. 
    I have had people suggest Vinton War Memorial to me as well. The Taubman is beautiful, but it's going to be very pricey (I volunteer with some things for them and I know catering is outrageous). There's the Jefferson Center, maybe VWCC's Arboretum, the Alexander-Gish house (near Grandin area), Plantation Creations, and Mandor bed and breakfast (but I cannot find a site for that one yet). 
    Good luck! :) 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Maridor is beautiful and reasonably priced.  go to http://www.bbonline.com/va/maridor/index.html
    It is beautiful
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Boxtree Lodge in Vinton is great for rustic weddings....it's gorgeous there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards