Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Ceremony Music HELP

I don't know why but I've just come across this board and need some serious help.  I'm looking for music to play during the processionsal & recessional to start.  I want something instrumental... we're going for a romantic, intimate, elegant wedding... so I would like something romantic but yet somewhat whimisical & fun since the ceremony will be outside next month.  Any recommendations?

Also am I supposed to pick the prelude & postlude music?

Any recommendations for the cake cutting and maybe even last dance?

I've been looking for music at short bursts of time over the past month now but I can't just seem to get myself focused enough on it... this has to be by far the most time consuming part of my planning.

Re: Ceremony Music HELP

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been busying myself listening to the Vitamin String Quartet for music for my ceremony. They do a lot of tributes to rock and metal, but if you sift through it all, you'll find some good ones. I love their versions of "I'll be" and "I'll be there." Hope this helps! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here's what I've come up with:

Background Music for guests arriving (4:15-5:00):

I Can Only Imagine by Piano Players Tribute
    Chasing Cars by Piano Players Tribute
    Wonderful Tonight by Vitamin String Quartet
    Bella’s Lullaby - Taliesin Ochestra
    Music of the Night (piano version) - Andrew Lloyd Webber Piano Album
    Only Hope (Instrumental Version) from Walk to Remember
    Love Story by Jon Schmidt
    Can’t Help Falling in Love by Jon Schmidt

Seating of the Parents/Grandparents & Wedding Party Entrance (Groomsmen first up front and bridesmaid’s will walk up the aisle) - Canon in D
    Bridal Entrance - Bridal March by Jonathan Cain
    Unity Candle Ceremony - When I Say I do by Matthew West

**Still pondering our exit song.

Cake cutting: How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You by James Taylor

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    222 Invited image
    173 Ready to Party image
    49 Missing Out image
    0 Not Replied image
    RSVP Date: May 20, 2011
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a church organist.  Typically, I choose the preludes and postludes.  I have a large number of pieces in my repetoire and can tailor them to fit the available time.

Choose your favorite song for your last dance.  It's really that simple.  =)  As for the cake cutting song................don't spend a lot of time thinking about this.  NO ONE will notice, much less care about what's being played at that moment, and when I say "NO ONE" I also mean you.  =)

You'll be getting instructions from the photographer about where to stand, how to hold the knife, how to get the piece of cake out....what to do next.  You may also have the Day Of Coordinator whispering in your ear as well.

The cake cutting song is one of those details that 10 minutes after a wedding you say to yourself "I spent time worrying about THAT?"  =)

Here's a reality check:  what was the cake cutting song at the last 6 weddings you attended?  You probably can't remember.  And that's just fine.

Good luck to you!  And let me recommend that you consider your favorite movie and think about the instrumental music in the movie for your processional/recessional.  Many movie soundtracks have gorgeous instrumentals that actually end up perfect for wedding ceremony music!
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    edited December 2011

So far I've chosen 2 songs for the prelude: Lucky by Jason Mraz & I can't remember the other one.

coach: for the processional I was actually debating between Canon in D or Jonathan Cain's Bridal March.  Our recessional song is All You Need Is Love by the Beatles.

We've also decided that our cake cutting will be L-O-V-E by Nat "King" Cole.

The only real music we need now is more prelude music, postlude music, & introduction song.  Right now we're thinking about Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO for our intro but not to sure yet.  Only 2 more days to figure this stuff out because our venue needs everything to be final by the 12th.  I'm thinking about just letting the DJ pick postlude music based on the music we've picked.

Any more suggestions out there?

• Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

PRELUDE- on CD

Hold You Up- Matthew West

Sun Down- Iver

Wouldn’t Change a Thing- Matthew West

Worth It- Francesca Battistelli

Dancing in the Minefields- Andrew Peterson

Waiting For You- Matthew West