Texas-Austin

Ring Appraisal Recs

Can someone recommend a good and affordable place to take my antique wedding band to be appraised for insurance purposes in Austin? Thanks!

Re: Ring Appraisal Recs

• dpfrmrr82dpfrmrr82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have always taken ours to Jared's, not sure what they charge if you didn't get it there, but they have a certified person come in once a month or so, call them for more info
  • nroach78nroach78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would suggest Kruger's at 722 Congress. Specifically, the downtown location (the other Kruger's at the mall is owned by someone else.) The downtown people are super nice and helpful. They appraised mine and take good care of me.

• edited December 2011
    whatever you do, DO NOT go to the Kruger's at the mall...they sold us a diamond with a chip in the side of it, really tiny by the prongs but noticable when pointed out, which they did when we went to have it put in a white gold band like it was suppose to be in the first place...the people at the one downtown are very nice.
  • edited December 2011
    Just another rave about Kruger's downtown. That's where my fiancé bought my engagement ring and they are excellent when it comes to customer service. They helped him come up with a custom design and appraised it for us. Definitely recommend them! 
  • edited December 2011
    I went to leigh ann at "what it's worth" 410 East 5th Street No. 111, Austin
    (512) 228-6991. She works out of her home but was very nice and didnt charge alot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards