Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Reception at Dayton Country Club in Oakwood

I need some advice from you!! My fiance and I have norrowed down our search for reception halls to Dayton Country Club and Country Clob of the North. My fiance wants CCN and I am more interested in DCC. However, I do not know anyone who has had their reception at DCC, and I really want to hear from someone who booked there, how their experience was. The facility manager doesnt exactly give us that "warm and fuzzy" feeling so we are hesitant about booking there out of fear that things wont go as smoothly as they would at CCN, where their wedding person is wonderful.

I love the look of DCC, how the space is wide open and yet you still have the balcony to go outside. The flow at CCN seems too tight and compact and broken up.

Any advice you can give would be great. THANKS!

Re: Reception at Dayton Country Club in Oakwood

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi, we're having our reception there in about a month.  It's a really beautiful place and the view is also great.  I have been to weddings there before and they all were so much fun and really nice.  Walter is the club manager and he's great, he knows all the best vendors and has been so much help!  They also have a new chef there and he's amazing, we just did our tasting...yummy:)  My parents spend a lot of time there and they've never had any complaints.  I'm not familiar with Country Club of the North, but I'm sure it's nice.  Let me know if you have any more questions about it and good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the info Molly! I also thought it was an absolutely gorgeous place, we live in Oakwood so I just love that old world style. Walter also gave us the list of suggested vendors to use, he is just short with his answers and didnt seem to offer up much help which is making my fiance weary about booking there. How soon are you able to get in there to decorate prior to the wedding? Are you able to use any other facilities there like the ladies locker room to get ready? If you would like to share any other vendors you have used for your wedding that you highly recommend, or ones that you didnt have a good experience with, I would love to hear it. I am just now planning and need all the help I can get! Thanks again! :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Chrissy, hi again!  When are you getting married?  I can't believe how quickly the planning goes by, try not to stress:)  I know what you're talking about with Walter, I think that's just the way he is, but he's really sweet and accommodating.  I love how close DCC is to our church and hotel.  Our wedding is at Holy Angels, guests are staying at the Marriott, and our rehearsal dinner is at the Racquet Club (they are all really close to eachother).  The Marriott offers a free shuttle to and from the reception if you have 15 rooms booked which is really nice, it's one hour at the start and one hour at the end.  I'm just going to list our vendors for you.  My parents friends kids have used a lot of them and we've had great experiences with them so far:) 
    Photographer: Mark Garber, Videographer: Mark Lang, but Lifetime video looks really amazing! Cake: Rinaldos (not in the best part of town, but they've been around forever and it's family owned). Florist: Jeff Martin, Band: Fifth Avenue, stationary: Mulberry Tree, linens: Finch Rental (we are getting the chivari chairs).  We talked them down from $7.00/chair to $2.50 so don't be afraid to tell them what you'll pay.  I'm not sure about the decorating, I think it will be set up hopefully by 2:00ish, our cocktail hour starts at 5:30.  They have the locker room you can use, but Walter asked us if we wanted the Winter Room for changing, it's just a large room on the first floor.  I think that's everything.  Also, you should register at the Little exchange in Oakwood, they have the cutest things and it all goes to charity.  Good luck again and congrats!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards