Snarky Brides

lets chat

I havnt been around much. Im feeling all sad and sentimental (and im NOT saying why, because its super lame). Tell me whats up with you?

Re: lets chat

• Are you sad and sentimental because you miss me?
  • I'm doing nothing.. Watching TV and Knotting, while waiting for FI to get home from work.

I doubt your reasons lame, but I sort of know what you mean..
  • And your sn was littlemoments32 just now. Is that what's making you sad?

• Cew, that's been happening a lot lately.. Someone posted the other day, and it came up (for me, at least) as Heels.. It weirded me out for a second..
  • I bought running shoes. I run now. Kind of.

That's pretty much it.
  • Hi Nebb.  I have become super obssessed with mad men.  We are already in the middle of season 2 after a few weeks. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What are your reasons for not liking E-Readers?

If I went on vacation, or long trips a lot, I would like one, but I like the smell, and actually turning the pages..
  • Good, I need distraction.  Emma slept for 3 hours and then woke up.  I nursed her back to being drowsy and then asked B to get her to sleep.  Then I went to go to the bathroom and apparently she started crying in B's arms.  I know she'll go to sleep if I nurse her, but I also know it's a bad habit.

This is a huge debate on TB, and I probably shouldn't even be posting it here.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • How did the giant meat come?

(ambiguous wording because I'm a P.E.A
  • Hola, ladies.   FI is out for 'happy hour' with his dad (not a good thing, but that's a whole other story.)  He said he'd be home around 7. It's now 9:15.  Do I get to be annoyed yet? because I am.
  • Im raelly big on the tactile nature of holding a book in your hand, turning the pages, feeling your progress by how much book is spread between which fingers (thats how I hold my book atleast), the smell of books, they way they look on the shelf. I love books. I feel like you lose that with an e-reader. I dont care that I coudl fill it with thousands of books, its not the same.
  • Giant meat hasnt even been bought yet. I am going to buy 2 4.5ers and see what happens. I hope I dont screw this up.

I would be annoyed too steph.
  • I'm the exact same way.. If I had an e-reader, I just feel like I would lose the whole "thing" of books.. I read my books over and over and over..
  • Um, ya Steph.. You're fine. I'd be super irritated.
  • I'm with Nebb on the sensory experience with a book.  It's part of the package for me.  I did look into e-readers and feel like I should get one for a lot of reasons, but I can't give up actual books.

Yes, Steph.  FI went out with friends to watch a game on Monday night, which was good because he doesn't have that many friends here (most back in IN), but he didn't come home till midnight. 
  • Hi Nebb!!

FH and I are watching Four Weddings and cracking up! 18 and 19 years olds getting married and toasted with MILK!!!
    And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • I do too cupcake. A lot of my books are falling apart because ive read them so many times. I feel like it shows how good the book is, by how tattered it has become. They become familiar to you, the pages you have touched and read again and again.

See im all lame and sentimental tonight!
  • You'd be surprised.  I thought the same thing about e-readers.  I LOVE the smell of books.  But one vacation with my Kindle and I'm converted :)

P.S. Thanks, Nebb. I can't really say anything to Jeremy, because he really never sees his dad (like once every few months, because his dad is an ass)... but at least I'm reacting normally.
  • I'm with you Nebb, nothing can replace a real book (but that's probably to be expected from me of all people).

Steph--that's one of my huge pet peeves. I hate when H comes home a lot later than he originally planned, even more when he doesn't call (I'm a huge worrier). He's finally better about calling when he'll be late, although usually it's because his customers are very chatty and he can't exactly whip out his cell for a quick call to me.
  • I'm really sensitive to smells, and if I was wearing lotion or perfume, when I was reading a book, I can tell a few months later.. So it's always kind of funny to think, oh, that was before I switched lotions, or something...
  • Sesh.  That's exactly it. I worry. Especially because when he's hanging out with his dad (or uncle) they're usually drinking and then they all revert to a weird 14 year-old mentality.  I know they'd never do anything wrong or anything like that, but I dunno.... and I keep telling him (for 6 years now), I don't care when you come home.  Just send me a 5 second text to say you'll be late.  But when I don't hear from you at all and it's two hours later, I worry.

aiy.  I'm going to be an obnoxious mother.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4923c8a6-a28c-4938-9148-f93d99553454Post:b1dadf62-ec51-4019-80ca-259a81884370">Re: lets chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>You'd be surprised.  I thought the same thing about e-readers.  I LOVE the smell of books.  But one vacation with my Kindle and I'm converted :) </strong>P.S. Thanks, Nebb. I can't really say anything to Jeremy, because he really never sees his dad (like once every few months, because his dad is an ass)... but at least I'm reacting normally.
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Likewise. I don't even notice anymore.</div>
  • I have a patented way of holding books in one hand where my thumb and pinky hold the book open and it rests against my 3 other fingers and I just couldnt get used to another way. Thats just how I read books.
  • Sesh, I'm a HUGE worrier.. If FI is more than 20 minutes later, I start to freak.. I think it's because we've both been in the hospital at least once (me more like 10-12 times, but they were for the same reason, so I don't consider them separate). I'm always paranoid that something happened, and that's why I haven't heard from him.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4923c8a6-a28c-4938-9148-f93d99553454Post:d87902e0-acd0-4fc8-8642-82dd7c2d88f0">Re: lets chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a patented way of holding books in one hand where my thumb and pinky hold the book open and it rests against my 3 other fingers and I just couldnt get used to another way. Thats just how I read books.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>If you're saying what I think you are, that's always how I hold books too.  It drives people crazy when I borrow books, because it kills the spine (the book is super open the whole time.)</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:4923c8a6-a28c-4938-9148-f93d99553454Post:f84202c8-af49-4ff7-a701-96ee1a68529d">Re: lets chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sesh.  That's exactly it. I worry. Especially because when he's hanging out with his dad (or uncle) they're usually drinking and then they all revert to a weird 14 year-old mentality.  I know they'd never do anything wrong or anything like that, but I dunno.... and I keep telling him (for 6 years now), I don't care when you come home.  Just send me a 5 second text to say you'll be late.  But when I don't hear from you at all and it's two hours later, I worry. aiy.  I'm going to be an obnoxious mother.

yeah, I don't mind being late, but have the decency to call, you know? I get it from my mom, she's the same way. She makes us call her as soon as we get home after a trip, and if we miss her call and don't call back she instantly worries. H wasn't used to having someone to answer to, so it took awhile for him to udnerstand why I wanted him to call if he was late.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4923c8a6-a28c-4938-9148-f93d99553454Post:e9e37246-c38c-4e9c-b9ce-0543ac3c52da">Re: lets chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: lets chat : If you're saying what I think you are, that's always how I hold books too.  It drives people crazy when I borrow books, because it kills the spine (the book is superopen the whole time.)
    Me three.  I destroy book bindings. 
  • My coworker will throw books away if the spine has the white marks in it. Her books have to be perfect, and she only reads them once. It drives me freaking bananas.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:4923c8a6-a28c-4938-9148-f93d99553454Post:9818e0ef-dbe1-4092-ac7b-4636b45ebadd">Re: lets chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sesh, I'm a HUGE worrier.. If FI is more than 20 minutes later, I start to freak.. I think it's because we've both been in the hospital at least once (me more like 10-12 times, but they were for the same reason, so I don't consider them separate). I'm always paranoid that something happened, and that's why I haven't heard from him.
    Posted by cupcakesfrosting[/QUOTE]

My H usually works until dark. He's a landscaper, so he's around dangerous tools all day long. He doesn't always answer the phone because he can't hear it with the equipment running, so if he is late after dark I start to worry. I've actually gotten a lot better over the years because I have to accept that he knows how to work the equipment and that just because he doesn't answer, it doesn't mean something terrible happened.

but, I still worry to an extent.
  • Ya, he's been in car accidents, and I won't find out until after he's been checked out by EMT or after he's spoken to the police. I hate it.

He's a chef, and you can't exactly leave in the middle of a rush, so if he says he's off at 9, he's really off between 9-11.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards