Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Requesting Changes for Photos

We received our proofs and our DVD of our professional photos last night and while we love a lot of them, some of them we are hoping that the photographers can edit. For instance, only about 6 photos were in black and white and we are huge black and white fans. Do you think its rude or it would offend the photographers if we asked them to change some of their editing?

Any wedding photographers here that can chime in? Would you be offended if we requested this? As my husband says, we paid a LOT of money to not be completely happy and if something as simple as a filter change can make us happy then we should ask...

Any other brides have luck with this?

Re: Requesting Changes for Photos

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There's no harm in asking. When I was looking for photographers, I actually had the opposite question. I wanted to know if I could get color versions of any black & white photos they provided. Most photographers seemed willing to work with me on that.

You could also word it in a flattering way. "We really love the black & white conversions you've given us. Would it be possible to have more of the color photos converted to black & white?"
  • Options
    maria1012maria1012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_requesting-changes-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:8781e907-7b2b-41f9-84e7-fac69bba5bc7Post:b46833fe-b596-4f63-b425-a663d8a459da">Re: Requesting Changes for Photos</a>:
    [QUOTE]There's no harm in asking. When I was looking for photographers, I actually had the opposite question. I wanted to know if I could get color versions of any black & white photos they provided. Most photographers seemed willing to work with me on that. You could also word it in a flattering way. "We really love the black & white conversions you've given us. Would it be possible to have more of the color photos converted to black & white?"
    Posted by Cony&Ben[/QUOTE]

<div>Thank you! I bit the bullet and asked. The worst they say is no, right? :) </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If it's a simple change like B/W and you are only requesting a limited number of shots, most photographers are happy to oblige.  If you start getting into editing details like "can you photoshop this tree out of the picture" it's not uncommon for photographers to charge you for editing time.  It can never hurt to ask, but be prepared the answer may not always be yes.

B/W conversions aren't really difficult, but depending on how the tone curves work in the photo, not every photo works B/W (or vice versa).  Also, if you get high res photos and full digital rights, you can always do the B/W conversion yourself in most basic photo editing software.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely ask!  We appreciate when our couples ask as we strive for everone to be 100% pleased with their images.  There also shouldn't be an extra cost in my opinon because it's a super quick edit. Good luck!
  • Options
    maria1012maria1012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_requesting-changes-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:8781e907-7b2b-41f9-84e7-fac69bba5bc7Post:e0366516-2dbc-4640-bf1a-2f7ee40e94d1">Re: Requesting Changes for Photos</a>:
    [QUOTE]Definitely ask!  We appreciate when our couples ask as we strive for everone to be 100% pleased with their images.  There also shouldn't be an extra cost in my opinon because it's a super quick edit. Good luck!
    Posted by Shutterbug101108[/QUOTE]

<div>Thank you! This makes me feel a lot better about asking. Through the course of engagement photos, meetings, and then the wedding, the photographers became friends with us and I surely did not want to upset our new friends, but then again, I really wanted to love my pictures :)</div><div>
    </div><div>I requested about 15 edits and am hoping that won't be a huge burden...</div><div>
    </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards