Chit Chat

In need of some help.

Hello,

I've posted this on another board but it might actually fit better here.
As a bit of side information I'm the future groom writing this so here it goes.

When it came time for me to propose I didn't plan anything extravagent.  I had plans and had to cancel for any number of reasons for 3 months straight (i.e. she got sick, weather turned lousy, etc.) and I was tired of waiting.  So one night at her parents house I mentioned we take our dog outside before bed (we were in town visiting) and we walked around the yard for a while.  I began discussing some of the times we had dating over the last 4 years but was so nervous I'm sure she knew what was coming. As we were sitting on the porch (as she turned her head to dodge the dog) I slipped onto the step in front of her and proposed (kneeling).  She was of course all excited but afterword she has mentioned how she thought I would have put more thought into it since I can be pretty creative.  I've explained I tried but she's still bumbed about it 7 months later (especially when she sees the proposals of some of her friends which have happened recently). 

What I am asking is if it is too late to throw her a surprise engagement party to give her that "special" setting she's wanted? I was also thinking about writing a little speech about how I know the first proposal wasn't really story of all time worthy and re-propose.  It may be corny and embarrasing for me but if it would make her happy I would do it in a heart beat. 

Sorry  for the long winded description but if you girls can give some advise I would greatly appreciate it.  

Thank you,

Andy 

Re: In need of some help.

• Don't take this the wrong way, but getting married isn't about the proposal, it's about getting to spend the rest of your life with the one you can't live without.  I didn't need an elaborate proposal (actually, I told my FI I didn't want a proposal, I just wanted to get married), and I still could care less whether he took me to the top of a mountain at Sunrise or turned and asked me while we watched TV at home at night, because I get to spend the rest of my life with him.

She loves you, and she's going to marry you, and it sounds like it was a very intimate moment between the two of you, so I don't see any reason why she should be bummed about the way you proposed.  She honestly sounds like she's being kind of bratty.  If you think a surprise engagement party would make her happy, then I guess go for it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards